Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
    "inevitable repercussion's of changing from stock"

I am going to paste this to my wall in the garage, maybe it will remind me when I decide that something could work better if I fixed it.

Brian
    Or, "If it ain't broke, fix it until it is."
    Gil 'n Jenn
    2022 320MKS on the way
    F-350 7.3L SRW

Comment

OK, so I bought all the things and I did all the things and everything seems to work except:

I still have to be connected to the Wi-Fi at the RV in order to control things like lights.

Is there a way to get around that so I can control it from far away?

It seems like they may have limited it within the OneControl app…or I am missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by HalftimeRVer View Post
        OK, so I bought all the things and I did all the things and everything seems to work except:

I still have to be connected to the Wi-Fi at the RV in order to control things like lights.

Is there a way to get around that so I can control it from far away?

It seems like they may have limited it within the OneControl app…or I am missing something.
        That definitely does not sound right. When I am "away" from the RV, I can control everything except the leveler, slides and awnings.

What are you able to control when not connected to the wifi?
        2021 Grand Design Momentum 381m
        2020 Ram 3500 8ft

Comment

Originally posted by timelinex View Post

That definitely does not sound right. When I am "away" from the RV, I can control everything except the leveler, slides and awnings.

Same here. We have been camping where there is no wifi, cell service and/or TV lately. My One Connect sync with my RV unit without a hitch.
          2023 GD Imagine XLS 23 LDE
          2021 Toyota Tundra CM 4x4 5.7L
          Roadmaster Active Suspension (RAS)
          Curt Tru-Track 4P (8k) WDH
          Haloview BT-7 w/ Side Marker Cameras

Comment

Originally posted by timelinex View Post

I can’t access the RV at all without connecting to WIFI and it won’t connect when I am away. Within the RV I can connect to the new WIFI and control everything with access to internet though. So it’s definitely a step in the right direction!

When I open the OneControl App it asks to join the “MyRV_…” network.(It is named the same as the original) However it can’t join without being in range of the new travel router currently. I am sure there is a setting somewhere I missed.

Comment

Originally posted by HalftimeRVer View Post

I can’t access the RV at all without connecting to WIFI and it won’t connect when I am away. Within the RV I can connect to the new WIFI and control everything with access to internet though. So it’s definitely a step in the right direction!

When I open the OneControl App it asks to join the “MyRV_…” network.(It is named the same as the original) However it can’t join without being in range of the new travel router currently. I am sure there is a setting somewhere I missed.
              2 suggestions to try out:

1. The app store has another app called "compass connect". I'm not sure why there are 2 apps. It may be just rebranded OneControl for other trailers or brands. Regardless, it interfaces with our system as well while obviously not being the exact same because frequently it looks different than OneControl. I frequently check with it if something is working quirky with the One Control app. Try it out and see if there is just something weird going on with your one control app.

2. Go to: https://id.lippert.com/IoTCommunity/s/
              Login to your account.
              Go back to https://id.lippert.com/IoTCommunity/s/
              Then click on the "one control" header.
              This will take you to the web interface. Is it able to connect to your RV?

If you don't have a login, that may be your problem. Make one and make sure to connect it to your RV. I did it a long time ago so I don't remember the exact process, but I think you can do it either through your app or web interface.
              2021 Grand Design Momentum 381m
              2020 Ram 3500 8ft

Comment

I updated the One Control app and now I can’t connect to our control panel with my phone. I’ve tried to manually connect, but am unable to do so. Both our Imagine MLE 22 travel trailer and my phone are connected to the internet. Any suggestions?

Comment

If your onboard unit is running a different version (didn't update when you updated the app on the phone) the two could no longer be able to talk to each other. Call Lippert customer service and see if they can force an update through to the onboard unit.
                  John
                  2018 Momentum 395M
                  2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                  Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
                  X