High altitude and oven wont stay lit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High altitude and oven wont stay lit.

Our oven works fine in Texas but when we hit the mountains it wont stay lit. It will light and I have tried keeping the door open as suggested but it wont stay lit but for a few minutes and then its out again. Any suggestions????

Hi Darcystogo.

Welcome to the technical forum. Can you please list the following:

Year, make and model of your RV.
    Make and model of the oven.

This will help us answer your question.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

We have a 2019 337 RLS its the Furion stainless steel oven . The Manuel list 3 models it could be. all start with FSR

Comment

I looked to see if there were any high altitude instructions for the Furrion Oven. I could find none. If it were me, the first thing I'd do is check to see if you have adequate gas pressure. The propane pressure in your RV should be 11" of water column when checked with a manometer. There are instructions on YouTube about how to perform this test.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Ok thank you. Stove and heat and water heater work fine it is just the oven so I think it is probably altitude. It works fine in Texas at home but doesnt when we get high up like where we dry camp...creede and Leadville mostly and they are about 9000. I cant remember if I even tried when we got lower down to Pagosa -Southfork areas. I think I gave up at that point and we had 50 amp anyway so I could use convection oven. Thank you for looking!!!! happy Summer to you.

Comment

Check when you get back to lower elevations. It's possible that something may be wrong and only the higher elevations have make it apparent.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

I've seen lots of propane devices such as refrigerars and water heater manuals that state they may not work properly over 5000 feet. But Furrion is silent to it.

Jim
              Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Working...
              X