Icemaker Dump Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icemaker Dump Issue

310GK-R Samsung 2018. The water is getting to the icemaker. The ice is making ice but will not dump. It will dump using the reset button. The arm is tucked in the up position. I'm afraid to put to much pressure on the arm but my thinking is that it should be down suggesting the bin is empty, thus to cycle. If I can't get it do dump, I may as well buy ice.
    Last edited by TucsonJim; 06-17-2022, 05:04 PM.
    2019 310GK-R F350 Mule
    2018 30XP Greyhawk 2015 Forrester Toad

Most residential ice maker systems actually move the arm. If the arm swings freely the cycle will complete. if it binds in the up position it will be just after a dump. If the arm were to stay in one position at all times, it would get covered by the ice and thus be in effective.

I would venture to say if you watch the arm during the manual cycle you will see it extend at some time during the dump then retract.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

the arm moves down with the dump and returns following. im going to turn the breaker off for a few minutes and see what happens might need a circuit reset
      2019 310GK-R F350 Mule

Comment

Our home fridge the arm is always down. If the ice fills up the bin and raises the arm it will shut the ice maker off. I can also raise the arm to a locking position which will stop the ice maker from making ice.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

cutting power didn't work might be looking at a replacement
          2019 310GK-R F350 Mule

Comment

Working...
          X