12 volt fridge failures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 volt fridge failures

So I have had two fridge failures, one one road on Florida, lost everything in the freezer and fridge, and one at home preping our 2022 2910BH for our next trip. I watched several videos and decided to check the very hard too reach fuse behind the fridge. Terrible location.
    what I learned is that the glass fuse had been up graded to a flat 15 amp, that is good, still a terrible fuse location. When pulling out the fridge, it came on. I discovered the main power line was not properly seated into the connector.
    I was able to reinsert the incoming power line securely and all is well.

Originally posted by Tom_2810BH_CO View Post
    So I have had two fridge failures, one one road on Florida, lost everything in the freezer and fridge, and one at home preping our 2022 2910BH for our next trip. I watched several videos and decided to check the very hard too reach fuse behind the fridge. Terrible location.
    what I learned is that the glass fuse had been up graded to a flat 15 amp, that is good, still a terrible fuse location. When pulling out the fridge, it came on. I discovered the main power line was not properly seated into the connector.
    I was able to reinsert the incoming power line securely and all is well.
    Thanks for the update Tom. Did you consider routing the fuse to a more accessible location?

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
    X