Norcold-2022 397th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norcold-2022 397th

Does anyone have a picture of the upper refrigerator vent with the grill removed? Mine has the wood I read about, but above that the wood is also blocked by an aluminum sheet. The hole is completely blocked for air to come out. I can't believe this is correct.

Do you have a “residential” (electric only) or an absorption (electric/propane) fridge? Typically, an electric only fridge does not have exterior openings. These are required with an electric/propane heat source absorption fridge.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I did not take pictures but I understand what you are describing. I saw the same sheet metal blocking the outlet and thought I had missed putting it on top of the refrigerator after removing and replacing it after doing a repair. I pulled the refrigerator out just enough to get the free edge of the sheet metal on top of the refrigerator and pushed the refrigerator back in place with the air flow path now open to the vent grill. The refrigerator is working fine for the last three months in hot weather. I had not run the refrigerator before I discovered what I saw as the blocked air flow path, so I can not compare operation before and after. But the 'fix' made sense.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
        Do you have a “residential” (electric only) or an absorption (electric/propane) fridge? Typically, an electric only fridge does not have exterior openings. These are required with an electric/propane heat source absorption fridge.

Rob
        Yes, not a residential. I believe they installed it wrong and I had to open it up. 105 outside and its working great now. Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by TedS View Post
          I did not take pictures but I understand what you are describing. I saw the same sheet metal blocking the outlet and thought I had missed putting it on top of the refrigerator after removing and replacing it after doing a repair. I pulled the refrigerator out just enough to get the free edge of the sheet metal on top of the refrigerator and pushed the refrigerator back in place with the air flow path now open to the vent grill. The refrigerator is working fine for the last three months in hot weather. I had not run the refrigerator before I discovered what I saw as the blocked air flow path, so I can not compare operation before and after. But the 'fix' made sense.
          Exactly what they did I bet and they never checked it again. I opened it up and it's working great at 105 degrees outside. Thank you!!!

Comment

Working...
          X