No announcement yet.

Why have a 12v refrigerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting - I have the Samsung Residential refrig and it is very efficient electrically and it holds temp really well even without power. When the compressor is running (or ice maker if I have it turned on), I might pull 9 amps and that's with some other parasitic draw included. We've done 11 days of travel with only solar or 3Amp absorption replenishment. It is silent - no noise at all. Only way I can tell the compressor is running is the draw on the batteries. One 300 Watt solar panel and two 100Ah LiFePO4s. I could see why it would be more expensive in additional infrastructure, but the MSRP difference was $733. I'm kind of surprised they no longer offer the option.
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin

Comment

Originally posted by ajg617 View Post
      I'm kind of surprised they no longer offer the option.
      Anecdotal, but what I've heard is they could not get Samsung to work on the refrigerator installed in an RV (warranty situation).

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Anecdotal, but what I've heard is they could not get Samsung to work on the refrigerator installed in an RV (warranty situation).

Howard
        That I could believe. I heard the same is true for the Splendide W/D - won't come out for repair whereas Whirlpool will. Couldn't get the dealer to install a Whirlpool.
        2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn
        2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin

Comment

Working...
        X