Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Furrion 16cu ft. 12V fridge (FCR16DCASA-SS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mboudoin View Post
    This is how we secure on the 260RD we have. Short bungie section from each door looped into a central anchor point. This should be in all units to properly secure the door and unit from moving.
    That's the same solution that mine came with from the factory and works well. Simple and easy.
    40-year Camping Enthusiast
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS with tons of upgrades
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC LB SRW D-Max 3865 Cargo Capacity

Comment

I'm going to try this, just ordered one to put on my new 337RLS when I get it. It looks simple enough. I also bought a combo temp sensor, I figure I'll mount the receiver in the observation cabinet. It has max/min shown so if it went out of range while traveling I'd see it there. I think only one link will show, so here are the two items I searched for on Amazon. No skin with either one and I'm open to other options for either as well. The temp sensor was $30 but if it keeps us from getting sick even once then its worth it. The lock was a 2 pack for $10 and I'm thinking I may put the second one on the closet doors in the bedroom.

EUDEMON 2 Pack Childproof Refrigerator Lock, Baby Safety French Fridge Door Lock, Freezer Lock, Invisible Cabinet Cupboard Lock for Toddlers, Easy to Install, no Tools Need or Drill (Clear-Black)

AcuRite Digital Wireless Fridge and Freezer Thermometer with Alarm and Max/Min Temperature for Home , Restaurants (00986M), 0.6, White

Jeff
      2017 F250 FX4, B&W Companion
      2023 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

We just purchased a 337RLS and took it out for a shakedown short trip. On the way home the doors opened and a qt of half and half christened the floor! What a mess. Thanks for letting me know I'm not nuts and the doors have no mechanical lock! The unit has a U-shaped piece of plastic that seems heavy-duty enough to keep the doors closed but I found it on the floor next to the half-n-half. I think babyproofing the door is the best way to go I'm going to get to work on this!

Comment

Originally posted by sthomasTS View Post
          We just purchased a 337RLS and took it out for a shakedown short trip. On the way home the doors opened and a qt of half and half christened the floor! What a mess. Thanks for letting me know I'm not nuts and the doors have no mechanical lock! The unit has a U-shaped piece of plastic that seems heavy-duty enough to keep the doors closed but I found it on the floor next to the half-n-half. I think babyproofing the door is the best way to go I'm going to get to work on this!
          after messing with this several times and calling GD (they sent me an 8ft stick of the plastic channel- I already had a 2 ft piece the dealer gave me), I took it to the dealer for some other repairs and they installed two hooks and bungee loop on the top center at no cost.
          Bruce and Michelle - and Callie (GSD)
          2019 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4L HEMI
          2023 Reflection 303RLS (purchased 9/2022)

Comment

Our 10 cf Furrion has performed well so far. I have to admit that I was perplexed reading in the manual that it was to be empty and turned off during transit. But those are not the job conditions for which it was hired.

We ran it on battery power for a few days before loading it for a 33 day trip of combined boondocking and campground camping. A throw pillow wedged between the refrigerator door and island pretty much guarantees that door will stay shut.

But we certainly didn’t want to lose our frozen food should the freezer door open during transit. So using two bungees, we came up with a way to secure the freezer door.
            2022 Reflection 280 RS
            2020 Silverado 2500 HD

Comment

Just took our first trip with the 17mke. Only had bag of ice and waffles on the floor. Adjusted the latches but freezer will not stay latched during travel. I picked up a child safety latch from amazon to fix the problem. https://a.co/d/9xHsjJH
              Attached Files
              Last edited by kabory64; 08-23-2023, 11:01 AM.

Comment

We have a 367BHS and our Furrion refrigerator that suddenly went into low power mode. We reset the fridge by pressing function button and it came on but now it keeps beeping. We bought a new battery hoping that would solve the issue but nothing. The fridge is working but when we open the doors, the lights are flicking. Our 5th Wheel is just over a year old. Any suggestions on how we can take care of this?

Comment

inspectork2001 -- while not exactly the same symptom, see this thread for how an owner did a hard reset on their Furrion: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ut-not-cooling

If it works (or doesn't) please come back and post the results.

Howard

P.S. Welcome to the forum! Check out the Welcome Letter (linked off home page) and fill in your signature line.
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                  X