Microwave died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microwave died

In our 2020 Solitude S with Furrion microwave it is dead. Went through ground fault, breaker, there is power to the outlet in the above cabinet. Is there an internal breaker or fuse in the microwave itself. I understand we are well beyond the warranty. Thanks for your wisdom!
    2020 Solitude 2930RL S-Class

Aysnswering my own question! From looking at Amazon site and etrailer site, I was able to find out there is a 20 amp fuse, and by pulling the upper trim plate and removing a couple of phillips screws from a metal plate on the right, there is a small circuit board that has an older style glass 20 amp fuse. I'll go to O Reilly's tomorrow and get some fuses, hopefully this is the only issue. etrailer sells the convection/microwave for about $499.00, so hopefully the fuse is the only problem. Stay tuned!

Comment

Glad you got the answer that you needed quickly, haha.

Pay attention to the fuse that you buy they are specific for microwaves and for 120 v ac , I do not think a 12 v dc 20 amp fuse will hold up to the task. I think I had to go to the hardware store and get a couple for our microwave in the house, the fuses did not fix the microwave I think it was a circuit board issue. I would take one of the old fuses to make sure you get the right thing.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

You may want to pull the micro first and verify it's the fuse, this also give you the fuse to use for comparison that you get the proper one.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Also, the door switches could go bad and blow the fuse.
          Rudy
          South Dakota
          2019 GMC 3500HD Duramax SRW
          2018 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

I do appreciate the responses. Picked up fuses this morning, they are 20 amp 120 volt. They immediately melted down, so the problem is deeper. Possibly I can find a repair shop close to us, if that is a practical option.

Comment

Originally posted by steve gravelle View Post
              I do appreciate the responses. Picked up fuses this morning, they are 20 amp 120 volt. They immediately melted down, so the problem is deeper. Possibly I can find a repair shop close to us, if that is a practical option.
              If it's a Furrion microwave, I'd just replace it.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
              2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Probably the most practical option. I was hoping to minimize the expense. $568 from Amazon, $499 from etrailer. Do you have other suggestions?

Comment

It does not have to be a Furrion. Measure what you have and search for any brand that will fit. Most microwaves that mount under a cabinet will mount the same.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Measure the width, height, and depth of the unit, also check the rear outlet location (if you have a wall outlet vent). As mentioned, most under cabinet microwave vent hoods should fit just the rear outlets may be in different locations.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Looking for experience and recommendations. Furrion from etrailer, $498 identical unit, 1 year warranty. Samsung seems pretty much the same, $568 from Amazon, optional warranty extensions. Other ideas, sources? Thank you.

Comment

Update - Amazon offers protection plans, $60 for 3 year, $80 for 4 year. Our original Furrion lasted 3- 1/2 years, go figure! The drama continues. Thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by steve gravelle View Post
                          Update - Amazon offers protection plans, $60 for 3 year, $80 for 4 year. Our original Furrion lasted 3- 1/2 years, go figure! The drama continues. Thanks all.
                          Personal preference, but if it fits I'd go with the Samsung. I'll probably jinx it, but the microwave in my rig is the only piece of Furrion equipment that hasn't broken or been replaced for a multitude of reasons.
                          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
                          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Further update, drastic! Upon further checking and encouragement from my bride, I ran an extension cord from another outlet. Microwave is now fully functional, I need to check wiring. Our 2014 Reflection 337 burned up a Molex connector for the kitchen slide, so I'll check that first, and any other suggestions will be appreciated!

Comment

That's good to know Steve. I sure wouldn't be surprised it one of those connectors is the culprit. Mine were cracked and in poor shape when I checked them.

Jim
                              Jim and Ginnie
                              2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                              GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                              GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
                              X