110v outlets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 110v outlets

I just bought a 2022 349M. Took it camping over the holiday and have a issue with the outlets not working while the generator is on. I can turn the solar on and the outlet’s work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Cleggett, and welcome to the forum. Do you have an electrical management system installed on your unit? If so, the EMS is tripping because there is no connection between ground and neutral in the generator like there is in a shore power connection. If so, this thread will tell you how to resolve it."

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...on-a-generator

Another issue may be with the generator itself. A couple of weeks ago, I helped an owner who was running a generator, but there was no power in his outlets. Evidently his generator had been overloaded and the circuit protection kicked in. I had him shut off his generator, restart it, and then push the reset button on his generator.

Finally, check your electrical panel to make sure no breakers are tripped, and check your outlets to make sure a GFCI outlet has not triggered.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I’m not sure if it has a ems on it. Thank you for info though and I’ll will try the plug fix.

Comment

The statement " when I turn the solar on and the outlets work" is confusing me. The solar has nothing to do with whether or not your 120 v ac outlets work or not. If you have an inverter that may power some of the outlets. If that is the case then you may have a transfer switch issue.

Does everything work when on shore power?

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

The problem as stated could be the EMS. The converter may be behind the EMS thus lack of a bonded ground will not be an issue. The generator and transfer switch are probably in front of the EMS thus the lack of a bond between the neutral and ground will trip the EMS to kick off.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Country campers.
            I have a inverter and the outlets work when I use it. The outlets work with shore power just not when the generator is on.

Comment

Cleggett Welcome to the family and the forum! There is a breaker at the generator. Make sure that it hasn't been tripped or turned off.
              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
              X