Hot Skin Condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Skin Condition

Below are links to Mike Sokol's excellent series of articles on what a Hot Skin Condition is, how to test for it, and what to do if something if found. I'll link the third article when it publishes.

Note the pictures are just that...pictures from the articles (just the headlines). To get to Mike's rvelectricity website use the link below the picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mike1.jpg
Views:	755
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	102680
    https://rvelectricity.substack.com/p/hot-skin-voltage

Name:	Mike2.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	102681
    https://rvelectricity.substack.com/p...roubleshooting

Coming soon!

Name:	Mike3.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	102682

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

A fellow electrician friend of mine had the same thing happen with an aluminium siding covered house.....Ended up being a screw from the siding piercing the romex...
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    2021 303RLS
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Park electrical issues can also cause a hot skin condition.

Under an RV, hot and sweaty, roll up against an axle. Feel the tingle of electricity. What! That was the second unit in the area that I had found with a hot skin. I shoved a probe of the volt meter in the damp dirt, held the other probe against the metal frame, measured 10 volts AC. Tried a couple of nearby RV's same results. Asked around and found it was a known issue in the park.

Colan Arnold
      2016 Momentum 397TH
      Full time since 2016

Comment

Originally posted by colan View Post
        Park electrical issues can also cause a hot skin condition.

Under an RV, hot and sweaty, roll up against an axle. Feel the tingle of electricity. What! That was the second unit in the area that I had found with a hot skin. I shoved a probe of the volt meter in the damp dirt, held the other probe against the metal frame, measured 10 volts AC. Tried a couple of nearby RV's same results. Asked around and found it was a known issue in the park.
        Colan - glad you chimed in on this. Our previous camper experienced hot skin at times with one State Park CG here in SD that we go to often. This campground unfortunately is sacrificed by the Corp of Engineers to flood when the Missouri river has excess runoff usually after the spring snow melt in the Rockies. The park had electrical issues with the RV pedestals and underground wiring which has since been all replaced a few years ago.

Dan
        Dan & Carol
        2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
        2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Working...
        X