Battery Charging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Charging

I have a 2019 Imagine RB2600.Can anyone tell me which position the electric power supply handle should be in, in order to charge my battery while connected to shore power? Straight up or turned to the right?

?? If you are referring to the battery disconnect switch, for everything to work properly including battery charging, the easiest answer is "key should be inserted turned and NOT removeable". If the key can be removed then the batteries are disconnected and will not charge. Typically this means the key SHOULD be pointing to the ON position. Yes it is agreed that the ON-OFF on the battery disconnect switch is a bit misleading, but key in, turned and not removeable is the proper setup for shore power and when towing.+
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

I suggest leaving the key in the position as noted above at all times. If you need to store for more than a couple days disconnect the positive cable on the battery. The disconnect does not do much but result in a dead battery.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
        I suggest leaving the key in the position as noted above at all times. If you need to store for more than a couple days disconnect the positive cable on the battery. The disconnect does not do much but result in a dead battery.

Brian
        Exactly. I've never used the disconnect other than for a few moments when I was working on the fuse panel. If I want to disconnect the battery to eliminate any charging or discharging, I remove a battery cable.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
        X