Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 volt system will not run off battery power alone

Hello all,

I’m trying to diagnose why my 2021 Transcend 247BH runs fine off of shore power but does not run off it’s battery. No lights, or power to operate the propane fridge or furnace etc. I have had the battery checked and it is good. The Jack runs off battery power alone, but nothing else. I’ve checked voltage across the auto breaker mounted to the frame and it is functioning properly. Battery has something like 12.8Vs . When I remove the face plate and measure voltage across the positive and negative points I’m measuring something like 270-300 mV. Everything works great when hooked to shore power.

Does anyone have or know where to access a wiring diagram for a specific Transcend model. I noticed that the line coming from the negative terminal from the battery (black) goes to the chassis and then goes under the belly pan as black with red stripe. However, the black wire that connects to the fuse board is solid black. I pulled the whole fuse box out and behind it the negative attaches to a small bus bar. However, the black wire supplying the bus bar is also not black with a red stripe. I don’t know if this wire makes another stop before the fuse box but given that the bottom is sealed and insulated I really don’t want to have to remove it or cut into it.

Thanks for any help,

Drew

Something simple, but are you sure the batter disconnect switch is in the ON position? Find that switch and make sure it’s on.
    Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
    2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Comment

Usually the battery disconnect switch is in the pass through. There should be a red "KEY" for turning it on and off. When engaged and powering the unit, the "KEY" should not be removable.

The jack and gas monitors work because by RVIA code they are hooked up PRE disconnect along with the emergency break away switch.

It's not unheard of for the switch to get knocked by something in the pass through that turns it off.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

No diagrams are available for any GD trailer. Probably not for any trailer..but not sure.
        Agree with previous posters..probably the disconnect switch.
        Did you just buy this trailer and this is what it is doing? Or did this situation show up after working properly?
        2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        2021 303RLS
        Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Working...
        X