Upgrade to Rear Tail\Brake\Turn Signal Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Country Campers

Oddly enough . . . I used an LED licence plate light .

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4089.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	116991
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Paul & Deb Cate&Rob

Thanks guys. It looks like i will be getting a license plate light.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Country Campers I did the same, added a license plate light and wired it into the tail light right above it.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.​

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Great article I was wondering where you git the conduit to run the wires. Thanks, Rich

Comment

What did you use to mount led strip lights

Comment

Originally posted by R and T on the road View Post
              Great article I was wondering where you git the conduit to run the wires. Thanks, Rich
              So sorry it took me so long to respond. We have been on the road since the beginning of August, and I don't read or respond when I'm away. I got the conduit at Home Depot or Lowes (I can't remember). It comes with the mounting tape already on the back.

Paul and Deb Cervone
              2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
              2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
              2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Bobsrv View Post
                What did you use to mount led strip lights
                Sorry for taking so long to respond. As I said t R and T above, I haven't been on the forum in a couple months. Anyway, they are screwed to the wall just like the OEM lights.
                Paul and Deb Cervone
                2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
                2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

We elected to use strip lights to add to the existing tail lights as our bike rack and cover obliterated our lights. Can’t send pics as trailer is still in for repair but here is Your Tube link to video to show how to connect

https://youtu.be/PJs6PHFfwyc?si=tb47nXUdFEievcFv
                  Kevin and Deb Reeder, 2021 Reflection 320 MKS, IS, 1050W Solar, Battleborne 400 Amps, Victron Multiplus and Solar, Renogy DC-DC Charger
                  2018 F-350 SRW Diesel long bed Platinum edition

Comment

Originally posted by 50ST8R View Post
                    We elected to use strip lights to add to the existing tail lights as our bike rack and cover obliterated our lights. Can’t send pics as trailer is still in for repair but here is Your Tube link to video to show how to connect

https://youtu.be/PJs6PHFfwyc?si=tb47nXUdFEievcFv
                    I did find a pic to show the strip lights on each side, sorry don't have one with them lit Click image for larger version

Name:	trailer backend.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	121035
                    Kevin and Deb Reeder, 2021 Reflection 320 MKS, IS, 1050W Solar, Battleborne 400 Amps, Victron Multiplus and Solar, Renogy DC-DC Charger
                    2018 F-350 SRW Diesel long bed Platinum edition

Comment

Paul & Deb

Paul,

I am in the process of installing these tail lights and have a question, or 2.

What wires did you use on the lights? There are 2 each black & red, white is for ground. Picture of lights below. Back of light shows black tail light, red stop/turn. Testing the wiring I think I need the black from the amber side and the red from the red side and do not use the other black and red, Is this correct?

Name:	Tailight 1.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	125448

Name:	tailight 2.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	125449

On the trailer I have black, green and white, which I have figured out what does what.

The lights are the Partsam, Amazon.com: Partsam 2Pcs Double Led Trailer Tail Lights Horizontal Mount Dual Stop Turn Signal Tail Lights 24 LED Surface Mount RV Double Led Taillights RV Double Led Turn Tail Lights 12V IP67 Black Base w Gasket : Automotive​

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                        Paul & Deb

Paul,

I am in the process of installing these tail lights and have a question, or 2.

What wires did you use on the lights? There are 2 each black & red, white is for ground. Picture of lights below. Back of light shows black tail light, red stop/turn. Testing the wiring I think I need the black from the amber side and the red from the red side and do not use the other black and red, Is this correct?

Brian
                        I ended up using all the wires and both amber and red work together. I was interested in as much light at all times as possible buy I think there should be a way to wire it so the amber only works for turn signal.

I would suggest taping the lights to the camper and plug the trailer into the truck then just play with different combinations while you operate the lights, brakes and turn signals. You should be able to find the right combination for you.

Let me know what you end up with.
                        Paul and Deb Cervone
                        2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
                        2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Country Campers

Since the truck flashes the brake light signal . . . I don't think that you can separate these (unless, internally the light can do this). As I recall, Black is for running lights, Green is for brake/turn, White is ground. On mine, somewhere that I couldn't reach, GD had switched the green and black before they got to the original light fixture. Didn't matter to the original two filament bulbs, but screwed me up for a while with the new LED lights that have far more lights for brake/turn than for running.

Edit: How to split the signals. Caution . . . description says this does not work with LED lighting. https://www.etrailer.com/question-90974.html

Rob
                          Last edited by Cate&Rob; 12-16-2023, 11:49 AM.
                          Cate & Rob
                          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                          2015 Reflection 303RLS
                          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Paul & Deb

So both lights are on all of the time, the only change is when the turn signal is used then they both blink? Are they brighter when the turn signal is used or brakes is used?

The way the truck circuit works is brake and turn is the same bulb, turn signal overrides brake signal when in use.

Sorry, trying to get my meager mind to grasp this, not able to hook truck up at this time.

Brian
                            Brian & Michelle
                            2018 Reflection 29RS
                            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                              Paul & Deb

So both lights are on all of the time, the only change is when the turn signal is used then they both blink? Are they brighter when the turn signal is used or brakes is used?

Brian
                              Yeah, when the brakes are applied, everything lights up and when the blinkers are on, everything blinks. And the brightness is the same with each.

I'll check today to see if I have a video.
                              Paul and Deb Cervone
                              2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
                              2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Don't know how much I would trust it: https://www.amazon.com/CARROFIX-3-Wi.../dp/B07YZCZY25

This one mentions LED install https://www.recpro.com/2-to-3-wire-t...RoCSosQAvD_BwE

Says not LED compatible https://www.amazon.com/CURT-56196-2-...RoCysEQAvD_BwE

Joseph
                                Tow
                                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                                X