Awning lights and under trailer lights not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awning lights and under trailer lights not working

My awning lights and under trailer lights do not work. They worked fine Friday night, then Saturday nothing. No power while on 12V or generator on. All other trailer functions are operating normal. I have checked breaker box, GFI, awning wire at the awning arm and no fraying seen. Checked behind the control panel and the two switches are connected appropriately. I do not see a fuse anywhere in that bundle of wires. I dont know what else to check and I hate to take it to dealer for something like this. Any ideas?
    Steven and Dore
    2021 Momentum 29G
    2022 Ram 3500 Llimited
    US Navy Retired

Originally posted by Steven View Post
    My awning lights and under trailer lights do not work. They worked fine Friday night, then Saturday nothing. No power while on 12V or generator on. All other trailer functions are operating normal. I have checked breaker box, GFI, awning wire at the awning arm and no fraying seen. Checked behind the control panel and the two switches are connected appropriately. I do not see a fuse anywhere in that bundle of wires. I dont know what else to check and I hate to take it to dealer for something like this. Any ideas?
    Hi there.

The awning lights should be protected by a fuse that is in your fuse panel that is located next to your power center. But we have seen situations where fuses are not 100% labeled correctly. I'd suggest you use a meter to check the continuity of each fuse in the panel to verify they are intact. If you don't have a meter handy, try switching all the fuses around to see if that moves the problem. Just don't mix up the amperage of the fuses.

If the fuses are all intact, it's possible that one of the wires behind the fuse panel became detached.

Electrical problems are always a joy to try and trouble-shoot.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Steven View Post
      Steven -- see https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-fuse-location , especially post 9 that shows a picture. I'm not 100% your '21 is wired exactly like 19mclass ' 2019, but hopefully this gives you some idea of where to look.

Please stop back with an update.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X