Missing circuit breaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing circuit breaker?

We have a three week old Grand imagine 2600rb.
    we have no air conditioning. Looked in the breaker box,
    It appears to 5 breakers. There is one empty spot, with a wire exposed. My question is, should there b 6 breakers?
    thanks.
    Gary

Originally posted by Hotdog View Post
    We have a three week old Grand imagine 2600rb.
    we have no air conditioning. Looked in the breaker box,
    It appears to 5 breakers. There is one empty spot, with a wire exposed. My question is, should there b 6 breakers?
    thanks.
    Gary
    Can you post a picture of what you're seeing, Hotdog (Gary)?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hope this helps
      Last edited by howson; 03-27-2023, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotdog View Post
        Hope this helps
        According to the information available to me, there should be at least six breakers. The "missing" one as shown in your picture is indeed the air conditioner breaker. Very odd--something is definitely not right. This breaker was missing when you took delivery? If so, a call to your dealer ASAP is warranted.

Was this trailer in storage somewhere--could it have been broken into?

If no satisfaction, call Grand Design Customer Service and get their advice on how to proceed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Breakers.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	109101
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I agree with Howard, the AC should be a 20A breaker and there are none in your picture. It's definitely missing.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Apologies if you know this already, but in the interest of safety I have to say this, but if you do venture into fixing this yourself please be very aware of what your doing, and ensure the whole system is safe before turning on 'the juice'. Be sure to turn the AC supply electricity to the trailer off when starting, ensure the wiring to the air conditioning system is the correct size / gauge, that both ends of the wiring are properly connected, etc. I would hate to see an electrical accident happen.

My fear is that someone didn't simply forget to install the breaker, but instead left it out on purpose because they were waiting for something else before connecting the power. When I put our trailer into winter storage, I turn the breaker off for the water heater to ensure it doesn't accidentally get turned on without any water in it.
            2019 Imagine 2400BH
            2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

A quick and simple test would be to check continuity (with AC power off of course) between the exposed wire at the breaker panel and the supposedly corresponding wire in the A/C unit.
              2020 Reflection 273MK
              2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Working...
              X