No announcement yet.

MICTUNING Heavy Duty 7 Gang Junction Box Install Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you sir. I have been experimenting with the right orientation for the AUH. In that first pic, I had it forward facing, both the red connector and the base. That's how I brought the rig home. Later, I noticed I did not have adequate clearance to my truck bed sides when turning sharp, so I moved the red connect and base to face the other direction. Also raised the ball to the upper position to gain vertical 5th wheel to bed clearance.

Agree that rotaflex hitch is not the best with the AUH. I have the lockout kit installed, but it only does so much - does not fully lock it in place. Reversing the red connector to face rearward as it shows above, has levelled it somewhat. Long term, I'm thinking of pulling the rotaflex and installing a standard fixed pinbox - should be able to find someone upgrading their rig in need of selling their takeoff.
    Jeff & Janice
    2019 Solitude 377MBS, 5.5kW Onan, Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, EquaFlex/wetbolts, Triangle TRT01 LRG tires, Splendide W/D, Magnum Energy 3000W inverter/charger, 4-225AH-6V NPP AGM's, Winegard WiFi extender, RV airflow, Progressive Ind HW EMS, Andersen Ultimate Hitch​

Comment

BWSTGDS I'd cut that cord and add another end basically you end up with a cord with the same connector on both ends, then add the plug on the trailer side. When not in use, throw it in the front storage bay.

This is what I did. Only thing is I was to use a coiled cord but my connector is in the rear.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by BWSTGDS View Post
        Thank you sir. I have been experimenting with the right orientation for the AUH. In that first pic, I had it forward facing, both the red connector and the base. That's how I brought the rig home. Later, I noticed I did not have adequate clearance to my truck bed sides when turning sharp, so I moved the red connect and base to face the other direction. Also raised the ball to the upper position to gain vertical 5th wheel to bed clearance.

Agree that rotaflex hitch is not the best with the AUH. I have the lockout kit installed, but it only does so much - does not fully lock it in place. Reversing the red connector to face rearward as it shows above, has levelled it somewhat. Long term, I'm thinking of pulling the rotaflex and installing a standard fixed pinbox - should be able to find someone upgrading their rig in need of selling their takeoff.
        Thanks for explaining. If you do decide to change pin boxes perhaps just go to a Reese Goose box.

To add to what Joseph mentioned I got a short extension 7pin cord when I had my old truck as it only had the bumper connection. I plugged the extension in and threaded the extension under the tailgate and then plugged in the king pin 7 pin cord to it. Otherwise the stock cord when plugged into the bumper would rub on the tailgate.
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
        X