Replace Continental TM-24 Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace Continental TM-24 Battery

I am looking to replace my stock battery with an AGM. Rather than replace with the same, I am looking for a better battery. I have come across the Duracell Ultra Marine and RV battery (SLI24MDC). Good reviews. Has anyone replaced their battery with the Duracell? Any other suggestions. And no, I do not want to switch to Lithium. Thanks.!
    John and Lori
    2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
    2021 Imagine 22MLE

Originally posted by JHC View Post
    I am looking to replace my stock battery with an AGM. Rather than replace with the same, I am looking for a better battery. I have come across the Duracell Ultra Marine and RV battery (SLI24MDC). Good reviews. Has anyone replaced their battery with the Duracell? Any other suggestions. And no, I do not want to switch to Lithium. Thanks.!
    Do you have Crown brand batterys near you? I have 4 6V CR260 (260AH each) in series / parallel. This gives me 520AH of usable power. 2 would give you 260AH. That is probably 2x what you can get from a single 12V.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

JHC AGM are good batteries and do well with the vibrations and bouncing that trailers experience. HOWEVER, if it should loose charge it takes a few tricks to get some of them to take a charge.

I believe one of my trailers had the Duracell. Do your research as you will find that there are a very limited number of AGM MFG around and MOST are just rebranded from one of the other MFG.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
      X