No announcement yet.

Brake controller issues on 2024 GM HD trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jlawles2 I think you hit it right on the nose! I disconnected the lead from the MPPT controller to the battery (before reading your post) and still saw the problem. But I now think that the problem persisted because the trailer battery still had a charge level higher than the truck battery. Later I noticed that I did not see the problem during a 1 hour tow. At the time, I just wrote it off to the issue being intermittent. But now I think that after the trailer battery level dropped low enough (below the truck battery), the problem stopped.

familytruckster4 I think there is a newer bulletin - TSB # 23-NA-149, I believe it's from Sept 15, 2023. I think that bulletin (I haven't seen it) suggests replacing the brake controller module with a new one that has been updated to address this issue. I'm trying to get a copy of this bulletin. Will post it here if I can.

I had brought the truck to the dealer, but they didn't find anything. After going home and Googling a bit, I gave the new TSB # to the service coordinator. He said he printed it out and will give it to the tech. Will post any results
    Last edited by Blaise; 11-01-2023, 06:49 PM.
    What retirement ??
    2023 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS
    2024 Chevy Silverado 2500 Crew Cab LTZ​​

Comment

The 3 pages of that TSB are attached

What retirement ??
      2023 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS
      2024 Chevy Silverado 2500 Crew Cab LTZ​​

Comment

Mike Sokol has been doing some work in this area. He just sent a note on his RVelectricity substack: https://rvelectricity.substack.com/p...date-prototype

He's looking for testers to see if his hardware solution will fix the issue.
        Tim H.
        2022 Imagine XLS 23BHE
        2019 Ford F250 Platinum 6.7L Diesel
        Formerly: 2016 Ford F150 Lariat Super Crew, FX4, 3.5L EB, 6-1/2' bed
        Formerly: 2019 Keystone Passport 175BH

Comment

I had the brake controller replaced and programed on our '24 2500HD. We are currently pulling, so far no issues ! Keeping fingers crossed.

Comment

I would tread lightly on using a non GM fix on the truck (I admittedly dont know what that would be) . If its under warranty and you want to preserve that it would be best to let the dealer do the repair on the truck. You may be setting yourself up for denial if other issues come up later.
            2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
            X