Stove and dryer have no power.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stove and dryer have no power.

Hello. I have a 2021 Solitude 373FBR. We just started a trip and our stove and dryer do not work. I checked breakers/fuses. All appear to be good. Not sure where else to look or what to look for. The washer works and the microwave works. Those are the closest circuits I could think of. Thanks

Originally posted by StevenGP View Post
    Hello. I have a 2021 Solitude 373FBR. We just started a trip and our stove and dryer do not work. I checked breakers/fuses. All appear to be good. Not sure where else to look or what to look for. The washer works and the microwave works. Those are the closest circuits I could think of. Thanks
    The washer is on a different circuit than the dryer if the "Electric Plan" of the 373 is correct. (Often the electrical drawings are not 100% accurate, so everything in this response is "to the best of my knowledge".)

The microwave is a discrete circuit (meaning it's the only device powered by it's breaker). This is true of the dryer, too. It's wired to it's own breaker and it is also a single, discrete circuit. In other words, there's nothing that immediately jumps out as obviously connected between the two devices not working.

Stove not working? Isn't it propane? So neither the burners on the stovetop nor the oven work? I couldn't determine from the Grand Design website what the difference is between the 373FB and 373FBR. (I know the "R" stands for "residential".)

Lots of generic advice and troubleshooting steps I could type out...but since you're new, could you provide a bit of insight into the level of detail desired? In other words, is this going to a DIY'er with lots of experience fixing and/or tinkering and has lots to tools or looking for information to make it easier to convey the issue to a mobile technician?

Howard

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Double check your power connection at the camper and the pedestal.

If you have a meter, double check that the pedestal is not wired on the same leg and that you get 240V across the 2 hot legs.

Someone mentioned that they found loose neutral connections in the panel, might check there to see if any are loose.

Double check your disconnect switch to ensure it is in and not removable, are there any other 12V things that are not working? You said stove, but IIRC most of those are 12V some require 120V for the ovens. Again this is why I mention checking the power cord at the pedestal and camper as I had it happen only one time that the camper end was not making good contact and 1/2 of the breakers were not getting power (can you post a pic of the breaker panel?). My unit is an ABABAB system and all of the B circuits were not working. If yours is say AAA (MAIN) BBB are all of the items on the A and none of the B working?
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

StevenGP I agree it sounds like you have lost a phase of power. Along with what Joseph has suggested, assuming you have two AC units, they should each be on one phase. Do both work? If not as suggested there is either a problem with the pedestal (most likely), the cord, or the wiring in the panel (least likely imo).

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
        X