No announcement yet.

Considering Lithium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll take a close look in the morning...
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      I'll take a close look in the morning...
      Thanks, Howard. I haven't heard back from Li Time about my battery location, but I think I'm going to move them anyway,
      2022 Reflection 150 series 260RD
      2015 F150, Air Lift air bag system. B&W Patriot 16k

Comment

Originally posted by bilco82 View Post

Thanks, Howard. I haven't heard back from Li Time about my battery location, but I think I'm going to move them anyway,
        Yes, that looks right to me. The diagram below is a pic I took of a 2022 337RLS display model at the '22 National Rally. Looks like it is wired exactly like your 260RD. Based on that assumption, below is what it looks like to me that you're doing and it should work fine.

Note those "posts" are self-resetting circuit breakers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Presentation1.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	131862
        Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

howson, thank for the schematics! I forgot to mention that I removed my battery disconnect and put it a "true" disconnect onthe positive line. It looks like I need to move the converter wire to the battery disconnect breaker, (see attached).
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bilco82 View Post
            howson, thank for the schematics! I forgot to mention that I removed my battery disconnect and put it a "true" disconnect onthe positive line. It looks like I need to move the converter wire to the battery disconnect breaker, (see attached).
            If you do that, how does the in-wall slideout circuit get power? Look at the last self-resetting c/b on the far right of the schematic -- the slide-out circuit's OUTPUT is tied to the converter (and OEM disconnect) INPUT.

Do what you want -- but if it was mine I'd leave the converter wire where it is and install a 6AWG jumper from the original RED BATT DISCO post to the BLACK BATT DISCO post. In effect it's OEM minus the switch. (What I did in my trailer is leave the original OEM disconnect configuration and added an additional "true" disconnect.)

If this input doesn't make sense to you, ask more questions. Perhaps another forum member can explain it differently so what I'm writing is understood (and verify I'm not making a mistake with what I'm seeing).

Howard

Howard & Francine

Comment

howson regarding my batteries being too close to thr furnace, I ran a little test this evening. I putchased a Bluetooth thermometer from Amazon, put it on top of the battery closest to the furnace, set the thermostat to 70°. It's 48° outside, so the furnace ran for quite awhile. The temp next to the furnace topped out at 73°. I let it cyclw two times and the temp never got any higher than 73°. I still haven't ruled out moving the batteries, but I may leave them there for now. I've reach out to Li Time twice without any response.

Here's the thermometer I used.
              Govee Bluetooth Digital Hygrometer Indoor Thermometer, Room Humidity and Temperature Sensor Gauge with Remote App Monitoring, Large LCD Display, Notification Alerts, 2 Years Data Storage Export, Grey

https://a.co/d/agHVmYj

Comment

Working...
              X