New electrical bug on 2023 GDS 391-DL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New electrical bug on 2023 GDS 391-DL

A new issue has popped up in our 2023 Solitude 391DL. When hooked up to external generator, there is a clicking noise coming from inside the front compartment. It seems to be coming from a strip of electrical components that are screwed to the bulkhead behind a plastic cover. The location, when looking into the compartment from the front is on the lower left part of the bulkhead.

The clicking happens about once every 20-30 seconds, and the generator will surge as it seems to see a higher load.

Also, it seems to take much longer for the house battery to charge since this started happening.

Any advice greatly appreciated.​

The clicking noise is a auto reset circuit breaker. Remove the cover and figure out which one is resetting and try to determine what the circuit breaker is powering. Be careful as there will be 12 v dc power on these posts and wires.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thank you Brian. I'll get in there again this evening when I get back home and try to figure out which one it is. I saw that there is one of them that has about a #6 red wire that attaches to the house battery, and I think that's the one that's acting up. I looked on the "Parts Lookup" page, and didn't see anything that looks exactly like the circuit breakers in my unit. I guess I'll just take it with me down to the auto parts store and see if we can match it up.

Comment

pat.sharp - I assume you've hooked up to shore power to test for the "clicking"? If it clicks when running on the generator, but not shore power, something else is amiss.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

pat.sharp -- please post a picture of the mini-circuit breakers and point out which one is clicking. We might be able to identify what each one is for (based on the typical layout of other Solitudes).

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X