Help - MPPT 25a Charge Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - MPPT 25a Charge Controller

Tonight I removed my battery on my 2022 21BHE and was replacing my one battery with two batteries running parallel. I hooked the batteries up and now the charge/fault LED indicator will not light up, the sealed battery LED will light up for about 30 seconds and go off. Before I change batteries it worked fine. Just because it’s dark out they LED’s should still light up correct?

What is the brand and model of your MPPT charger?

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by JArcher2023 View Post
      Tonight I removed my battery on my 2022 21BHE and was replacing my one battery with two batteries running parallel. I hooked the batteries up and now the charge/fault LED indicator will not light up, the sealed battery LED will light up for about 30 seconds and go off. Before I change batteries it worked fine. Just because it’s dark out they LED’s should still light up correct?
      Verify your connection. Make sure positive and negatives are connected properly.
      Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Brand is a Furrion MPPT 25a.

Comment

Here are some suggestions for trying to get that controller back on line.

1. Double check that all wires are installed in the correct location and are tight.
          2. Make sure the RV battery disconnect is turned on. The battery disconnect may or may not be wired into your circuitry depending on build specifications.
          3. Find all fuses, circuit breakers, and/or switches in your solar charging system's wiring and make sure they are functioning properly.
          4. If you still haven't found the issue, disable the solar panel connection/charging by covering the panels with cardboard, working at night, or turning off a disconnect switch. Then disconnect the MPPT battery connections. Then reconnect the battery connections and re-energize the panels. (This is a hard reboot).

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks for y’all’s help. I went out this am and it is working fine.

Comment

Hey JArcher2023, So the lights do all go out at night. I found this out this summer. Once the controller has no solar energy input, it goes into EcoMode. It is in the manual but as usual with Furrion it is poorly explained. As you experienced, as soon as the controller as solar energy input again it turns on. It is a feature to save on the energy, as to keep on it would need to draw from the battery.
              We live to serve our two Golder Retrievers
              2022 Reflection 303RLS
              2016 GMC Denali 3500

Comment

Working...
              X