295 rl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 295 rl

I have a 2018 295rl. Switched to Lithium battery and also changed over to a Lithium compatible convertor charger. I know these batteries can not be charged when temps are around 32 .The new convertor plugs into the back of the breaker panel with a dedicated 110 outlet exactly the same way as the one I removed. I was doing some testing today and assumed that I would be able to just flip the converter breaker and this should then stop all output to the battery and assumed that the convertor itself would also shut off but I can still hear it humming. So I started flipping one breaker at a time until all were off and it was still humming and according to my victron 712 it was still outputting 42 amps into a 60% charged 200amp hr battery. The only way I can stop charging of the battery is to turn the battery switch off. Anyone else run into this and or have an explanation.

Hi LeoL. Welcome to the technical forum. What an odd issue you've encountered!!! Let me make sure I understand:

Your old WFCO converter/charger worked okay, and you could shut it off at the breaker.
    You installed new LiFePO4 batteries and replaced the converter charger with a LiFePO4 compatible charger.
    You removed the AC cord for the old converter/charger from the dedicated outlet, and plugged your new lithium converter charge into exactly the same outlet.
    Now, the new converter charger won't shut off with the same breaker that you could use to shut off the old converter.

I think the first thing I'd do is shut off every breaker one by one go see if the converter shuts down. It may be that the breakers are simply misidentified. But if you could shut off the old converter with the breaker, that doesn't make sense.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

LeoL

Do you have solar? Did you try turning the shore power breaker off?

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
      X