Electrical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical

I have a 2020 337rls that I just purchased and not sure how to get water heater to work on electric. I am plugged into 30 amp service and thought all I had to do was flip switch on panel board and the red light comes on and you get hot water. Not happening. Any ideas or suggestions on what I'm not doing right???

Originally posted by cwilli19 View Post
    I have a 2020 337rls that I just purchased and not sure how to get water heater to work on electric. I am plugged into 30 amp service and thought all I had to do was flip switch on panel board and the red light comes on and you get hot water. Not happening. Any ideas or suggestions on what I'm not doing right???
    Does the panel have two separate switches (one for gas and one for electric)?

The reason I ask is because if the water heater is a Furrion Tankless it heats water with propane, not electric.

Howard

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

cwilli19 -- in addition to the question in post 2, what are the settings on the Nautilus Panel? Is there a red valve and if so, what is it's position?

Assuming for a moment that the water heater can run on propane, will it fire up and provide hot water using that power source?
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Also on the Nautilus panel there are 2 valves at the top, make sure they are turned off, turn clockwise.

Brian,

Ps. On electric it takes a while to heat, maybe half hour or so.
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

My water heater has an on/off switch outside under the cover panel. Make sure that switch in On.

Comment

A friend recently purchased an older coach and while there was a red light on the control panel for using propane to heat water, there wasn't for the electrical. Not a fault or burned out bulb or diode, just no indicator for the water heater being on electric. Might be something for cwilli19 to check on.

Also, whether tankless or tank, make sure water is flowing through the heater before trying to heat.
            John
            2018 Momentum 395M
            2018 Ram 3500 Dually
            Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
            X