Compass Connect Monitor Panel Making Humming Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compass Connect Monitor Panel Making Humming Noise

I recently purchased a new 2024 Imagine XLS 22BHE. This is my first post and hope I can get some helps from follow GD owners. On my floor plan, GD installed an interior light switch with a dimmer next to the Compass Connect Monitor Panel. I can turn on and off the interior light with both the light switch next to Compass connect or the button on the compass connect itself. The issues is when I use the switch with a dimmer to turn on the light, there is a humming noise coming from the compass connect monitor panel. If I press the light button on the monitor itself, the noise will go away. I checked all the wirings they all seem to be tight. Anyone has any ideas what maybe the cause of humming noise?

AZ-22BHE -- sorry, I have no input on the humming issue but wanted to say "Welcome to the Forum!". Hopefully another forum member will have an input on the noise problem.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

AZ-22BHE - Since your unit is new and under warranty, I'd suggest that you contact GDRV customer service and discuss this issue with them. They can be reached at 574-825-9679. Have your VIN handy when you call. They may already have a solution for you if other owners have reported it.

p.s. Welcome!

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Could the humming noise be a whirling noise coming from the converter cooling fan?
        2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your reply. I called GD and they told me the noise will go away and normal. Not sure if I would agree with that. It is from the monitor panel itself.

Comment

My wife noticed the same thing on ours. Good to know it will "go away"

Comment

Working...
            X