Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation Options for Inverter Install Imagine 22MLE

Greetings, Melsman!

I have read through your amazing post from August, and would like to ask a quick question. I have decided to work with a local RV shop to accomplish basically what you did, and I'd like a very quick up or down on the basic direction this person wants to go. I have a 2021 22MLE so may be a few differences. But it has wiring for solar but no components.

My objectives are like yours - want to be able to camp off grid whenever desired. Don't care about big loads like AC. But want simple, auto transfer, monitorable, etc. I will copy in this person's initial take on a few ideas. The pricing seems very high to me, but I'm new at this.

Your thoughts?

--------------------------------------------------------
    I have two of the top options priced for you, these prices will be real close to everything needed besides some miscellaneous connectors and wire.

Go power extreme kit 600watt solar hard glass panels,3000watt inverter, 220ah battery, battery monitor, and shut offs. This is all go power equipment and they are a big name in RV and now bought by Dometic.
    The system comes with a 30 amp controller so no expansion. Good thing is these batteries charge at full throttle till 100% and at that point limited on space on roof maybe. This equipment comes in right at $7450

The most premium I would consider is the Victron energy system. This includes multiplus inverter 3000watt with 120amp charger, solar charger 100volt/50amp,battery 330ah, battery monitor, shut offs, Color GX control monitor panel that visually shows whats going on.

This equipment comes in about $9200

Both of these choices would power your complete unit. To run the a/c a soft start would have to be added, the big names now offer these or build the a/c with it already depending on model.

These would both be top systems and things can be scaled down as we spoke like smaller inverter and powering just plugs, also battery size.. The cost would stay the same for the solar portion of these kits.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Appreciate any thoughts you are able to share.

Jack​

Melsman Please see post above.

jackbefus

Have you contacted any solar installers in your area, not sure if there are any available. I say this because their labor rate may be much lower than an RV shop. I think the prices that you have quoted are pretty high.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

jackbefus That seems high for equipment (unless thats a misnomer and includes labor). I am only familiar with Victron of those two options, but that Victron gear probably totals less than $3,000 plus the battery. Not sure what they are quoting there but a Battleborn GameChanger 270ah (on the high side of price per ah) is $2500, so. I would say that equipment is about twice what it should be for what you have listed.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
        Melsman Please see post above.

jackbefus

Have you contacted any solar installers in your area, not sure if there are any available. I say this because their labor rate may be much lower than an RV shop. I think the prices that you have quoted are pretty high.

Brian
        Yes, my thoughts as well. I am in touch with another installer as well and will see what they come up with. Thanks for your thoughts. I'll keep researching this.

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
          jackbefus That seems high for equipment (unless thats a misnomer and includes labor). I am only familiar with Victron of those two options, but that Victron gear probably totals less than $3,000 plus the battery. Not sure what they are quoting there but a Battleborn GameChanger 270ah (on the high side of price per ah) is $2500, so. I would say that equipment is about twice what it should be for what you have listed.
          Thank you, sir. Appreciate the feedback. That quote did not include labor. No Battleborn gear discussed so I don't think so. I'll try to get the specifics on the individual components. Appreciate your input!

Comment

These posts were extracted from this thread Installation and Integration of Inverter for 2023 XLS 22MLE - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com)​.

Melsman Please see post 1 in this thread.

jackbefus

I have moved your post to its own thread to keep your thread on topic of what you are doing and to keep the other thread in its own topic.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
              These posts were extracted from this thread Installation and Integration of Inverter for 2023 XLS 22MLE - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com)​.

Melsman Please see post 1 in this thread.

jackbefus

I have moved your post to its own thread to keep your thread on topic of what you are doing and to keep the other thread in its own topic.

Brian
              Thanks - I'm not finding that thread.

Comment

Sorry I'm late to the party... Did you get the answers you were looking for?

Melsman
                2023 XLS 22MLE towed by a 2017 F150. This is our fourth RV, though our first travel trailer.

Comment

Working...
                X