Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding 120 AC circuit to 2014 Solitude 305RE

Hi Fellow GD owners,

In our 2024 Solitude the 15 AMP General Purpose circuit has 2 outlets under the front cabinets over counter space, 1 outlet under the microwave, 2 outlets in the rear and the TV on the circuit. We are not using the gas stove and have a Ninja air fryer/oven and single induction cook top plugged into the outlet under the microwave and ice maker plugged into one outlet under the cabinet and Nija food processor and Instapot plugged into the other cabinet outlet. From time to time we trip the 15 AMP breaker when turning on several of these cooking appliances.

The closest outlet under the cabinet is about 2 feet from the electrical panel - removing the outlet there is some space between the surface the outlet is mounted to the bottom of the inside of the cabinet - but no clear path to the panel that I could find.

The further outlet is about 7 feet from the panel and the wire goes int the back wall behind the cabinets.

The outlet beneath the microwave is on is very near the back wall of the kitchen slide.

There is a 20 AMP unused circuit for the washer which is available.

I understand there is no "circuit" or wiring routing maps to provide information about how one might be able to separate the General Purpose circuit into two circuits so we could use more of our appliances at the same time.

I wonder if others have attempted something like this or if any one has recommendations on how to accomplish this modification.

I note that the yellow romex seems to be connected to the 20 AMP circuits and white romex for the 15 AM circuits.

Thansk In Advance for any recomendations.

johnh...

johnh530

Hi John, and welcome to the GDRV technical forum.

Your 2014 305RE is very similar to my 2014 Reflection 337RLS floor plan. I know some owners who ran solar wiring in the wall between the hutch and the bathroom. Those panels in the bath are quite easy to remove, do your wiring, and then put back in place. Here's a photo of my friend Brian Rowley took when he was working in that wall on his 337.

I would not trust the color of wiring. If you're connecting to a 15 amp circuit, you need to use a minimum of 14AWG. For 20 amps, it needs to be 12AWG. Most Romex is colored white for 14, and yellow for 12, but not necessarily all of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	337.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	128794

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by johnh530 View Post
      Hi Fellow GD owners,

In our 2024 Solitude the 15 AMP General Purpose circuit has 2 outlets under the front cabinets over counter space, 1 outlet under the microwave, 2 outlets in the rear and the TV on the circuit. We are not using the gas stove and have a Ninja air fryer/oven and single induction cook top plugged into the outlet under the microwave and ice maker plugged into one outlet under the cabinet and Nija food processor and Instapot plugged into the other cabinet outlet. From time to time we trip the 15 AMP breaker when turning on several of these cooking appliances.

The closest outlet under the cabinet is about 2 feet from the electrical panel - removing the outlet there is some space between the surface the outlet is mounted to the bottom of the inside of the cabinet - but no clear path to the panel that I could find.

The further outlet is about 7 feet from the panel and the wire goes int the back wall behind the cabinets.

The outlet beneath the microwave is on is very near the back wall of the kitchen slide.

There is a 20 AMP unused circuit for the washer which is available.

I understand there is no "circuit" or wiring routing maps to provide information about how one might be able to separate the General Purpose circuit into two circuits so we could use more of our appliances at the same time.

I wonder if others have attempted something like this or if any one has recommendations on how to accomplish this modification.

I note that the yellow romex seems to be connected to the 20 AMP circuits and white romex for the 15 AM circuits.

Thansk In Advance for any recomendations.

johnh...
      I'm not sure this will help...but below is an as-installed OEM map of the outlets in my 2019 315RLTS.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Outlet to CB OEM.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.9 KB ID:	128803
      Unlike your 305, the outlets in the 315's hutch are on the washer (red 1 ) circuit. With the island on the GFCI circuit (yellow 1) I can't think of a time where we inadvertently popped a breaker.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

johnh530

If you remove the aft wall in the pass through storage area, you should be able to access the lower part of the wall forward of the hutch area. You should also be able to see a path to the back of the main panel. I would suggest new outlets in this wall more-or-less below the ones in the lower surfaces of the overhead cabinets. You should be able to fish new wires down into the area behind the main panel.

Running a new circuit to the slide (stove area) will be complicated because you will have to transition to and from flex cable to allow the slide to go in and out.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
        X