Connecting an after-market TPMS booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting an after-market TPMS booster

I have the TireMinder TPMS, which comes with a Bluetooth booster. I want to mount it on the back of the king pin box on my fiver and hook it into the electrical wiring box where the seven pin plug from the truck connects to the camper's wires. The owner's manual shows that the black wire is the 12 volt positive line and the while wire is the ground. I just want to double check this before I try to splice the booster in. Also, the current wiring setup appears to use crimped wire connectors. Is there a way to open and reuse these without cutting the wires? What is the advantage of using these connectors?
    Dan and Carla Suson
    2023 Momentum 395MS
    2016 Ford F-350 Diesel DRW

Well I hate to say this, but your best bet is to cut your losses and get rid of that box. Several people have gone to the https://www.amazon.com/MICTUNING-Hea...J2IjoiMSJ9.N0i Ik6e1psQ9plzd-3BmYTcLHdmXQ82EQDs0BYJn_coCUfJVgjOMKCc1Sl7UfpMMFl7 g_rPmgS7XMv9mTqM4I8I0X6uusb1BI9MoDon8Yo__4VDEB8ERn RR-uqV2YZ1FGOs9D_ZwuY_oECAvx0-pj3hHmgNdVID81aGlP78tfOH_sAMIhlviXV3A7gF_ZnsitiVAN UJyB5ADvtv5Oq8NElxBr2pdURSddqzjTxKnsOtcr_Wfvw6X0sq fcZ-cHnCi9rRm9H5AyA7-YtJjCDc2lrXweYmeygqk-aklDwxnLew.TTuRtvTSVA_YAR8U_ywMP_RyUWis7EZ4TFdD5wE Fyvk&dib_tag=se&keywords=mictuning%2Btrailer%2Bcon nector%2Bbox&qid=1710545798&sprefix=mctuning%2Btra iler%2Bconnector%2Bbox%2Caps%2C116&sr=8-2&th=1 box some with the new whip, some wiring in the existing.

Crimp Ring terminals on to all wires individually and then put them on the post.

This is mine:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	1.07 MB ID:	130346

Yes the white lug has a lot (I think it's 5) ring terminals on it.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

I agree with Joseph that’s a great upgrade, especially once you start distributing the connections in there.

To answer your question, you can’t add a wire to those crimp connectors, they’re basically Butt splices. Also I do not ever trust the wire color of anything in the RV. Verify it with a meter is the only way to be sure. They make last minute or temporary changes on the line constantly.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
      X