Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Wired "Inverter Prepped" GD Reflection 337RLS 12v 2000 or 3000 watt Inverter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Wired "Inverter Prepped" GD Reflection 337RLS 12v 2000 or 3000 watt Inverter

Hi Everyone - We have a 2023 Reflection 337RLS with the orange Romex wire "Inverter Prepped". We have 460Ah of lithium batteries on their way (returning the 200Ah we had just bought) - Besides running all the outlets in the RV, we really want to run our residential microwave (continuous 1550 watt, not sure what the surge would be at startup) which is on the 30, wire prepped circuit. Our original plan was to use a 2200w inverter and a transfer switch - but now, since we have upped our battery bank, we were considering a 3000w inverter and transfer switch (we have upgraded our PD converter to the lithium compatible model). We do not boondock and are just looking to overnight in route to/from - so, we are not looking at the expense of a Multiplus or 2-sided (50a) wired route (hubby doesn't want to pull wires and we don't plan on adding any more solar panels are a couple of reasons even though I love tech stuff) - BUT - our Reflection Owners Manual specifically states, in bold: Your Reflection FW is pre-wired to add a 2,000 watt inverter to the solar system. Question: Is this really saying you cannot add a 3000w inverter? It looks like other members have, but we are new to this solar/inverter/DC power stuff and don't want to create a hazard. Side note - We have watched Jomani YouTube videos multiple times - great videos. Thank you in advance for your replies.
    Julie & Doug (& Finley)
    2023 Reflection 337RLS
    2011 Ford F350 SD 6.7 turbo

Your inverter limitation should be based on the size of the 12v wires you run to it and the breaker feeding its in and out. Verify on your rig, but the breakers are usually 30A, which should be plenty for a 3000 watt inverter. I would suggest one with a transfer switch built in to simplify wiring, but that is just choice. I have a friend that used the Renogy inverter/charger with internal transfer switch and had good luck if you are looking for an option less expensive than the Victron gear. Be sure the inverter pass through, or transfer switch rating is 30A and you should be good on the AC side. Then size your DC side per the inverters manual.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
      Your inverter limitation should be based on the size of the 12v wires you run to it and the breaker feeding its in and out. Verify on your rig, but the breakers are usually 30A, which should be plenty for a 3000 watt inverter. I would suggest one with a transfer switch built in to simplify wiring, but that is just choice. I have a friend that used the Renogy inverter/charger with internal transfer switch and had good luck if you are looking for an option less expensive than the Victron gear. Be sure the inverter pass through, or transfer switch rating is 30A and you should be good on the AC side. Then size your DC side per the inverters manual.
      ncitro Yes, the breakers are 30/30/15/15/15. When it comes time for the inverter, we will look at that - now I'm thinking we should not have upgraded the converter (we could have gotten by on the solar topping off the batteries, or using the little pendant they sell to "boost" the charge for lithium). Does the Romex typically say on the wire what size it is? Thanks.
      Julie & Doug (& Finley)
      2023 Reflection 337RLS
      2011 Ford F350 SD 6.7 turbo

Comment

I think it is usually 10/2 with a ground. Its usually orange, and yes it should be marked with a size on the jacket.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
        X