No announcement yet.

2024 310GK Furnace works on batteries/Cuts off when on shore power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it’ll come to that. This just really highlights the lack of effort some dealerships put into warranty work. I’m now dreading taking it in for the leaf spring U bolt recall. Who knows if they’ll really do anything with that.
    2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

Got confirmation from the shop that it now works as it should. They had it running for an hour. Case closed.
      2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

Originally posted by Boxer1200 View Post
        Got confirmation from the shop that it now works as it should. They had it running for an hour. Case closed.
        So yet another case of a bad motor. I've read too many of these reports. While anecdotal and just an opinion, it sure seems like there was a batch of these motors that have a manufacturing defect.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

So yet another case of a bad motor. I've read too many of these reports. While anecdotal and just an opinion, it sure seems like there was a batch of these motors that have a manufacturing defect.
          The motor itself 'may' have been fine at first but if the fan was bent it would cause vibration causing motor bearing issues. Maybe? But with it being a 2024, GD ought to pay for the repair I would think?
          Last edited by Scott'n'Wendy; 04-12-2024, 09:05 AM.
          2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
          2021 303RLS
          Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post

The motor itself 'may' have been fine at first but if the fan was bent it would cause vibration causing motor bearing issues. But with it being a 2024, GD ought to pay for the repair I would think?
            I'd definitely pursue reimbursement. The OP may not get back 100% of their out-of-pocket expense, but something is better than nothing. Worth the time to document (with receipts) and sending to GD.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
            2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
            X