Travel Trailer Tongue Electrical Clean-up Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel Trailer Tongue Electrical Clean-up Ideas

Hello folks. I was under the trailer yesterday preparing to mount a Tire Pressure Monitor Repeater and I was disappointed in how bad I have let this get. I've added a number of wires here and it's gotten out of hand.

Any ideas and pictures of what others may have done to tidy this mess up?

TIA

Paul and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Hi Paul,

I would get a water proof box with fuse holders inside. You could get rid of all of the inline fuses as well as the self resetting breakers and move all into the box. Add the Michtung 7 wire box and that will neaten everything up for easier troubleshooting.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I agree with Brian. You probably want to keep the autoreset breaker there, but a waterproof fuse block would help a ton. Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-ST-B...l%2C167&sr=1-4
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Paul & Deb I removed the battery box and batteries from the tongue, and replaced with lithium inside the storage area of the trailer. This was an expensive way that allowed me to remove almost all wires and really clean it up.
        Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Originally posted by acoleman43 View Post
          I removed the battery box and batteries from the tongue, and replaced with lithium inside the storage area of the trailer. This was an expensive way that allowed me to remove almost all wires and really clean it up.
          I did that as well but all this stuff is still out here.

Paul and Deb Cervone
          2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
          2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
          2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Paul & Deb View Post

I did that as well but all this stuff is still out here.

Well, I'm out of ideas lol. I'd be tempted to rewire it in a box or something.
            Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Pull all that junk up inside and put a nice 12 circuit (or whatever) fuse panel in. Use water-tight connections underneath to extend wires that need to be.
              Ottertail, Minnesota
              2022 Imagine 2500RL VIN 573TE3029N6637046
              2022 Ford F-150 Lariat, SuperCrew, long box, max tow

Comment

Working...
              X