Converter Location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converter Location?

Where is my converter at? I don't think I saw it in my pass-through storage.
    Raymond and Dee Dee
    2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
    2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Originally posted by reubenray View Post
    Where is my converter at? I don't think I saw it in my pass-through storage.
    It's behind the power center panel underneath the stove.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	188
Size:	667.5 KB
ID:	131019
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      It's behind the power center panel underneath the stove.​
      How do I access it to change what type of battery I have?
      Last edited by howson; 03-27-2024, 06:25 AM. Reason: Trimmed quote.
      Raymond and Dee Dee
      2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
      2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

How do I access it to change what type of battery I have?
        Sorry--I don't know. I'd try removing the drawers on the right or under the sink and looking around the corner?

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

Sorry--I don't know. I'd try removing the drawers on the right or under the sink and looking around the corner?
          Thanks, I will check that.
          Raymond and Dee Dee
          2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
          2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

I finally found the converter. It is under the stove with the side that has the access hole for changing the battery type turned facing the wall away from me. If I was able to find the hole and push the button inside I can't see what mode it is in. Will this be anchored down? I did not try to move it due to the fear that something will come undone.

I tried to move the converter and it will not move.
            Last edited by reubenray; 04-07-2024, 06:20 AM.
            Raymond and Dee Dee
            2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
            2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

Will this be anchored down?
              Every discrete converter installation I've looked at was secured in place with screws.

Howard & Francine

Comment

If you have a 2024 model you likely have a WFCO Auto-Detecting converter - it will eventually learn what kind of battery you have after a couple of cycles and it will automatically set the proper mode (Lithium or not Lithium). There is no manual switch on these models. There is apparently a status LED on the inside of it where it's one color for Lithium and another color for not Lithium, but I have not been able to see the LED's... I can only hope it's working right

If you check your parts listing in MyGDRV you can see which converter you have and then you can look it up to see if it's automatic or not.
                Chyrrl and Rich
                2024 XLS 23LDE
                Hamilton Township, NJ

Comment

I have the Progressive PD9360-C. The paperwork shows how to change the battery type. I wish it was an auto-detecting converter.
                  Raymond and Dee Dee
                  2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
                  2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

If the converter is below the electrical panel, you may be able to remove the screws and carefully pull the panel out enough to access the converter. You could use a mirror to see the hole for the pin to change the battery type and see the led color. I had to use a mirror to adjust mine and it was out in the open in the front compartment of my 5th wheel, just mounted too close to the solar controller to see easily.
                    2023 Reflection 303RLS
                    2017 Ford F-250 6.7 Crew Cab Short Bed
                    B&W Turnoverball Gooseneck
                    Andersen Ultimate Fifth Wheel Hitch

Comment

The converter side that the hole is on is facing the outside wall. It is also under the heating duct. I was able to stick my camera in there to see it. I don't know if I can get both arms in there to do anything.
                      Raymond and Dee Dee
                      2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
                      2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

At the end of this camping season I want to see if my Dealer can set the converter to lithium batteries when I take it for the first year inspection. Will I be able to do this even though I have an AGM battery until I can change out the batteries? The trailer will be put in storage straight from the dealer and I will take the AGM battery out for the winter. I would swap to a Lithium battery in the spring.
                        Raymond and Dee Dee
                        2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
                        2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

At the end of this camping season I want to see if my Dealer can set the converter to lithium batteries when I take it for the first year inspection. Will I be able to do this even though I have an AGM battery until I can change out the batteries? The trailer will be put in storage straight from the dealer and I will take the AGM battery out for the winter. I would swap to a Lithium battery in the spring.
                          Not sure I'd do that -- a lithium charges at a higher voltage and (usually) a higher amperage rate. An AGM (still essentially a lead acid battery) may not like it thus leading to unintended consequences. I don't know for sure there will be a problem, just advising a conservative approach.

The other way is usually not an issue -- a lithium will work fine with the AGM settings though it doesn't charge to it's full potential (due to the lower voltage charge settings).

TucsonJim knows more about batteries than I do. Jim--do I have this right?

Howard

Howard & Francine

Comment

Not sure I'd do that -- a lithium charges at a higher voltage and (usually) a higher amperage rate. An AGM (still essentially a lead acid battery) may not like it thus leading to unintended consequences. I don't know for sure there will be a problem, just advising a conservative approach.

The other way is usually not an issue -- a lithium will work fine with the AGM settings though it doesn't charge to it's full potential (due to the lower voltage charge settings).

TucsonJim knows more about batteries than I do. Jim--do I have this right?

Howard
                            Howard is correct. A LiFePO4 dedicated charger will typically charge at 14.6 volts. A lead acid (including AGM) converter will start at 13.7 volts. The current will likely be similar if the converters are rated at similar amperage.

Excessive voltage can cause the formation of hydrogen gas in an AGM battery which can damage the battery.

Jim
                            Jim and Ginnie
                            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
                            X