Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solitude Refrigerator Outlet location

Hi,

I have a 2023 Solitude 310 GK-R and was wondering where the residential refrigerator is plugged in? I'm trying to isolate a GFCI issue and hope I can get to the plug somewhat easily. I've read all the other posts with GFCI issues and there are some good troubleshooting tips.

My issue is the GFCI outlet at the storage unit will charge the batteries just fine but the minute I turn on the refrigerator at the sub-panel the GCFI on the pole trips. I have turned off all the other breakers in the sub-panel and everything but the main breaker and it still trips. I checked the outlet with a tester and it seemed OK.

I had the RV at my house for 4 days plugged into the GFCI in the garage along with 2 freezers and another refrigerator. Never tripped the circuit even when I turned on 1 of the A/C units for 20 minutes to cool the interior down.

Any suggestions on the location of the refrigerator plug or other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
    Mark
    2024 Silverado 3500 High Country DRW Diesel
    2023 Solitude 310 GK-R

The plug will be in the box where the fridge is installed. More than likely you will need to pull the fridge out to gain access to the receptacle. Usually GFCI outlets do not like to be plugged in to other GFCI outlets, weird that it works at home but not at storage area, I would guess that one or the other is wired incorrectly.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by beenem View Post
      Any suggestions on the location of the refrigerator plug or other ideas would be greatly appreciated.
      Have you read through Mike Sokol's resources on this topic? If not, a good place to start is https://rvelectricity.substack.com/p...0-gfci-testing

Once you figure this out please post what was found and how you fixed it.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Have you read through Mike Sokol's resources on this topic? If not, a good place to start is https://rvelectricity.substack.com/p...0-gfci-testing

Once you figure this out please post what was found and how you fixed it.

Howard
        Thanks Howard, Yes I have read that post. Good stuff that I intend to use in troubleshooting the issue.
        Mark
        2024 Silverado 3500 High Country DRW Diesel
        2023 Solitude 310 GK-R

Comment

beenem, with a residential fridge I'm assuming that there are the upper and lower vents to the outside behind the fridge. Have you popped the cover off the lower vent? Only takes a second and you just might be able to access the outlet without pulling the fridge out.
          John
          2018 Momentum 395M
          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
            The plug will be in the box where the fridge is installed. More than likely you will need to pull the fridge out to gain access to the receptacle. Usually GFCI outlets do not like to be plugged in to other GFCI outlets, weird that it works at home but not at storage area, I would guess that one or the other is wired incorrectly.

Brian
            Also, GFCIs have a life span. I've had to replace all of them in the house at one point because they kept tripping when plugging in anything - even small draw appliances. We are also connected to the garage outlet which has it's own GFCI. I don't have my slides out (10" of snow past three days in NH) or I would check but I didn't see much room behind our Samsung when I was looking at how it was kept in place.
            2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn
            2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin

Comment

On our unit the 120V plug for the refrigerator is actually on the side. I would not be surprised if the solitude is the same way using a low profile box or direct mount piercer (you know the one that stabs the romex after they spread the wires) and again mount it to the side of the cabinet so the vertical trim styles on the front provide it clearance for plugging in.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Well, snow melted enough so that I could get in and have a look at cables running to/from Samsung refrig. What I found interesting was a black cable running from behind the refrig into the rear of the garbage can drawer near the floor. Sure looks like a power cable and I couldn't open the garbage can drawer far enough to see where that cable might go but it looks like it might curl up behind the false back of the cabinet and maybe head up to the upper cabinet outlet. Another area you could check is under the lowest shelf in the pantry to see if any 120V cable runs to the refrig from there - our shelf is only screwed down to provide access to stuff behind the pass thru. But it makes me wonder if the refrig is the last circuit or the first but feeds something else. Lastly, I have a 3 CB 120V sub-panel all 15 amp. The left is labeled GFI. The labels on the right two are Refridge and General right on top of one another over the 2 CBs on the right so I have no clue what General CB is. But my refrig (connected to shore power) will not go on unless both switches are on which confuses me - GFI can be off. Don't know why there would be a need for two 15Amp CBs unless one is from the solar inverter and the other from shore.
                2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn
                2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin

Comment

Working...
                X