Front cap LED light strip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front cap LED light strip

Our front cap lights have a rubber like protection on them which is starting to crumble in certain spots. We found the part number but looking at the photos of the replacement light strip, the coating is not on the strip.
    is there a secondary part I should be ordering?

Where did you get that high hitch.

I see the newer lights dont have coating on them

USN Engineer Retired
    2020 RAM 2500 CC 6.7 Cummins
    2022 GD Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Originally posted by Dbgeorgian98 View Post
      Our front cap lights have a rubber like protection on them which is starting to crumble in certain spots. We found the part number but looking at the photos of the replacement light strip, the coating is not on the strip.
      is there a secondary part I should be ordering?
      I need to replace mine too. I still wonder what the primary purpose is for these lights. Do people run down the road with them on, or are they for effect at the campground? I don't have a problem with either, in fact I think they might be useful on the road to help with being seen.
      Trib
      2019 Freightliner Cascadia 126
      2021 Momentum 320G
      2021 Road Glide Limited
      See you down the road!!

Comment

I've replaced the lights in the past with LED strip lights from Amazon. Just make sure they are "cuttable", run on 12V, and have an adhesive backing.

A word of caution. When removing the old lights, the wiring may be brittle due to sun exposure. If the wires fall back in the cap, you won't be able to retrieve them without removing the cap. When I did mine, I used a hemostat to clip to one wire while I worked on the other. I also added a couple of feet of extra wire to make it easier to pull it out in the future.

The holes in the cap may be too small for a typical butt connector. You can enlarge the holes by carefully using deburring tool like this one.

https://a.co/d/gjLC1TY

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Look them up on the GD parts finder. Then use the vendor part number to find them online (like ebay). GD actually gave me this advice for another part. Much cheaper elsewhere. I thank them.
          Scott
          2021 Imagine 2800BH
          2022 F350 6.7L Lariat Tremor

Comment

Working...
          X