Advice on generator for Imagine 3000qb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on generator for Imagine 3000qb

Appreciate advice on size of generator, brands etc I will need to run AC, fridge etc when boon docking. I just bought a Honda EU 2200i but have subsequently been told it might be too small.

Also if you would advise multiple batteries, solar etc

TIA

Originally posted by DaveKiwi View Post
    Appreciate advice on size of generator, brands etc I will need to run AC, fridge etc when boon docking. I just bought a Honda EU 2200i but have subsequently been told it might be too small.

TIA
    You could buy the Honda EU2200i Companion gennie so you can pair them up. Together they will run your entire trailer at once. I would however click the AC off before starting microwave.
    Jeff
    2019 Solitude 375 RES
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum

Comment

There is another option instead of purchasing another generator. You could purchase a "soft start" capacitor for your air conditioner which drops the start up current. This should let you run your AC off the 2200. But as Jeff mentions, be sure to turn off your AC if you're going to run the microwave.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by DaveKiwi View Post

TIA
        I second TucsonJim 's recommendation. This thread may provide some insight: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...s-2019-315rlts
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks Jeff and Jim. Do you think it would be easier to just get a bigger generator like this 4500 from Westinghouse? I know nothing about generators
          https://www.amazon.com/Westinghouse-...s%2C211&sr=8-3

Comment

Dave. That generator would work great for most of your needs.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
            X