Hughes 30 Amp Bluetooth Surge w/ Auto Shutoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughes 30 Amp Bluetooth Surge w/ Auto Shutoff

We just had a chance to try out our new Hughes Surge/EPO system, the portable one, for the first time this weekend. Everything set up perfect, all I had to do was to plug it in the pedestal, turn on the breaker, scan the box code with my phone, and it automatically paired (I had already download the app from the iTunes store before we got to the campground. When I'm in range, the app will tell me Watts, kilowatt hrs, line voltage and current. and if you go out of spec, the EPO system will shut off power to the camper and wait 90 seconds to ensure it is safe to turn power back on. It also sends you a message identifying the fault. My wife turned on microwave, air was one, etc and our current exceeded 30 amps, so the system shut down and sent me a message. Power was restored in 90 seconds.

As far as surge goes, there is replaceable fuse circuit board that can be replaced so you don't need to buy the entire unit. All in all, impressed with the phone app and the ease of use, hopefully it will stand the test of time. The face of the unit lights up with a bulldog ? (really bright, not sure if I like that) and turns red when there is a fault.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2019 F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/ Max Tow

Good product write up. Thanks.
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
    X