No announcement yet.

OEM 12V Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howard, a few more questions for you. I'm assuming the one red wire running off of #1 now goes to shutoff #2. I see a white wire from #3 also running to shutoff #2. Then I see something connected near shutoff #2 running to the inverter. Is that the +battery cable and if so, how does it tie in? Also, on the far left of the diagram, I assume the run from the left of shutoff #1 goes to the + busbar? Just trying to tie the DC wiring into the overall system. Finally, what all has a ground attached to the frame? I'm somehow missing that piece. Thx.
    Famtraveler24
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2019 Ford Expedition Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Famtraveler24 View Post
      Howard, a few more questions for you. I'm assuming the one red wire running off of #1 now goes to shutoff #2. I see a white wire from #3 also running to shutoff #2. Then I see something connected near shutoff #2 running to the inverter. Is that the +battery cable and if so, how does it tie in? Also, on the far left of the diagram, I assume the run from the left of shutoff #1 goes to the + busbar? Just trying to tie the DC wiring into the overall system. Finally, what all has a ground attached to the frame? I'm somehow missing that piece. Thx.
      ??? Are u confusing c/b with shutoffs?
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Pretty sure I'm looking at shutoffs in your diagram. Main thing I'm trying to understand is how the DC wiring and grounds connect in to the rest of the system. Perhaps all wiring terminates on the positive end of the battery bank and all grounds are bolted to the frame?
        Famtraveler24
        2021 Imagine 2800BH
        2019 Ford Expedition Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Famtraveler24 View Post
          Pretty sure I'm looking at shutoffs in your diagram. Main thing I'm trying to understand is how the DC wiring and grounds connect in to the rest of the system. Perhaps all wiring terminates on the positive end of the battery bank and all grounds are bolted to the frame?
          A rough guess is a lot of the grounds are tied together behind the DC power center.
          Made a rough guess diagram on how your DC might wire into the 8935P power center from a couple of photos and the 8935P manual.
          Tracing you wires is about the only way to know.
          TT OEM Wiring 30A Frame CB, 8935P Power Center.pdf
          Gene and Kim
          2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
          2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Working...
          X