Momentum Wiring Diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momentum Wiring Diagram

Hello, I'm new to this forum and a new owner of a 2020 Momentum 21G. I am looking to add a manual transfer switch between shore power and my generator. How do I go about getting the factory wiring diagram/schematic in both 12 and 120 volt systems? I am a professional electrician and old mechanic, I believe I can pull this off.

Hi Jal. Welcome to the tech forum. We're glad you're joining us. We can always use the advice of electricians and mechanics.

The moderators have drawings for most units so we can help other owners with trouble-shooting questions. Unfortunately, since we're not GDRV employees, we're not at liberty to release full drawings to other owners, and the paper copies we have may be outdated compared to what you can get from GDRV.

I'd suggest you contact GDRV customer service at 574-825-9679. They have released certain drawings to owners for needs such as yours.

But I think you may be a little disappointed in the drawings. They are not detailed very well and are more or less just a plan for component placement. They do not show wiring colors or routing.

I installed a rotary (manual) transfer switch between shore power and my inverter. If you're interested in the details, hit me up.

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

OK, all I really need to know is how and where my generator is connected to the electrical panel main feed. My manual says that the generator neutral is grounded and I know this is normal. However this causes any GFCI receptacle I plug into with an adapter to trip. Everything is fine on a 30 amp receptacle as it is not GFCI protected. My goal is to isolate the generator hot and neutral wires when not in use and I have it fixed.

Comment

I pulled the plans GDRV gave me for the 21G and this is the first plan package that I've encountered that is very incomplete. All I have is the floorplan, wall and roof framing diagrams.

To get the latest, you can contact GDRV customer service at 574-825-9679. Quite often, they will share drawings if they have them available.

JIm
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Jal Staples View Post
          OK, all I really need to know is how and where my generator is connected to the electrical panel main feed. My manual says that the generator neutral is grounded and I know this is normal. However this causes any GFCI receptacle I plug into with an adapter to trip. Everything is fine on a 30 amp receptacle as it is not GFCI protected. My goal is to isolate the generator hot and neutral wires when not in use and I have it fixed.
          I've read the ATS behind the electrical panel/power center ties all the neutrals together (Panel & Generator) which creates the ground fault.
          Parts Lookup shows a photo of the ATS mounted on the back of the electrical panel. https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/57301

WFCO T-30 may be the ATS.
          Last edited by gbkims; 07-07-2020, 04:49 PM.
          Gene and Kim
          2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
          2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Working...
          X