7-Pin Corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-Pin Corrosion

I'm doing preventive maintenance on my rig prior to departing for the rally. On a whim I looked under the cover I have on my 7-pin connector and was horrified by what I found.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5655 (Large).JPG
Views:	446
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	2908

After tackling with DeoxIT (which I believe was recommended to me by Gene aka @gbkims)...

Name:	DSCN5656 (Large).JPG
Views:	333
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	2909

Here's how it looks now:

Name:	DSCN5658 (Large).JPG
Views:	346
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	2910

Keep those connectors clean!

-Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

And you thought owning an RV was going to be easy. Thanks for the reminder, this is an easily overlooked item.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      And you thought owning an RV was going to be easy. Thanks for the reminder, this is an easily overlooked item.

Brian
      The maintenance metrics on the B-1B (the aircraft I worked the most during my USAF career) shows it takes about 74 maintenance man hours (a lot!) for a single flying hour. I wonder how many hours I've invested in this trailer over the last year versus the number of actual days camping. "You don't own things they own you" is sooooooo true.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

• Canyonlight
        Canyonlight commented
        Editing a comment
        You are wearing me out with all the time (and detailed time) you spend modifying/fixing/etc. items......WOW ! How do you find time to do anything else, Howard. Do you engineer folks do anything for fun as we mere mortals do.....lol !

I have learned so much from the many wonderful talented engineering folks on this forum and elsewhere over the years. We are SO blessed and fortunate to have you all share your expertise.

Dan

Once you have them clean get a good dielectric grease and fill each contact. Also apply it to the mating connector pins.

Ron

Comment

• howson
        howson commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutely! Good point.

Why don't my trailer lights or brakes work?

Rust never sleeps. Boat trailer in the Strait of Juan de Fuca. If you think that is bad you should see the brakes!

Some disassembly is required.

Added another file.
      Last edited by Shiny side up; 05-28-2022, 09:39 PM.
      Vic and Barb
      2021 315RLTS

Comment

Up here we call that Michigan Loctite.
        2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
        X