2 issues furnace and water heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lgraff06 View Post

That's also what i believe because we tested the connection on the furnace it self a has power going to it but the fan dosen't come on when i use the ac thermostat. They installed both Furrion units.
    i checked the 2amp fuse on the board looked fine. What's the other 12 vdc fuse you are refering to?
    Lawrence
    You should have a 12 V fuse in your fuse panel (near your breakers) that is hopefully labeled.....your furnace needs a control wire to turn it on....not sure about Furrion but the other guys either use a ground or power to complete the circuit to tell the board to start the sequence...not sure how technical you are but I will look for some info on the Furrion and you may be able to check the wire.

Mark
    2014 HDT Volvo 780 "Baby Bird"
    2016 Smart Car "Baby Bird Turd" - on the back
    2020 Momentum 376THS
    We're both proud USAF Retirees...
    Retired RV Tech

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

I know in post #1 you wrote that you don't want to take your trailer back to the dealer, so consider asking GD to authorize a mobile technician. You'll have to pay a "service fee" (the cost to bring the repairman to your site) but at this point it might be worth it.

Customer Service's number is on the "business card" on this forum's home page.
      Yes i believe I'll have to do that with the furnace i think theirs a bad connection or no connection at all from the acs to the furnace i can hear the ceiling ac click when i put it on heat but nothing on the furnace. I got some cut off fuses and a dinosaur board on the way for the water heater hopefully that will be up and running soon.
      Lawrence

Comment

Yes i believe I'll have to do that with the furnace i think theirs a bad connection or no connection at all from the acs to the furnace i can hear the ceiling ac click when i put it on heat but nothing on the furnace. I got some cut off fuses and a dinosaur board on the way for the water heater hopefully that will be up and running soon.
        Lawrence
        I bet this is your issue on the furnace - they forgot to set the DIP switch on the main AC to tell it there is a furnace.....only do this is you feel comfortable....here is the Furrion video showing how to set the switch.

As for your HWH keep in mind if you install an aftermarket board there is a good chance you void your warranty for anything further.....

How to install and setup a Furrion Chill™ dip switch - Bing video

Mark
        2020 Momentum 376THS
        Retired RV Tech

Comment

Originally posted by RV Tech Ret View Post

I bet this is your issue on the furnace - they forgot to set the DIP switch on the main AC to tell it there is a furnace.....only do this is you feel comfortable....here is the Furrion video showing how to set the switch.

As for your HWH keep in mind if you install an aftermarket board there is a good chance you void your warranty for anything further.....

How to install and setup a Furrion Chill™ dip switch - Bing video

Mark
          Ok i see a lot of disconected wires specifically for the furnace. The dip switch shows all switches down except #4

Comment

Comment

Update got the circuit board for the water heater in today, installed it and it's back in business!! Scheduled a tech for next week to fix the furnace issue their are too many disconnected wires for my skill level. Thanks again for all the info provided!!!

Lawrence

Comment

Update on the furnace finally got a tech to check it out. The dealer only ran one wire to the ac control box and didn't even hook up anything regarding the furnace. The tech is ran the second wire and hooked up the furnace wires to the control box. Fired right up!!
                Lawrence

Comment

Lawrence Lgraff06 glad to hear that it is working now. Too bad the guys that installed it the first time didn't do the job right and caused you these issues.

Rob
                  Rob & Barb
                  2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
                  2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Update on the furnace finally got a tech to check it out. The dealer only ran one wire to the ac control box and didn't even hook up anything regarding the furnace. The tech is ran the second wire and hooked up the furnace wires to the control box. Fired right up!!
                    Lawrence
                    Good to hear you're up and running....too bad it was not done right the first time..

Mark
                    2020 Momentum 376THS
                    Retired RV Tech

Comment

Thanks for the replies, yes i agree im not happy with this dealership i called 3 times and was told they would call me back. Never received a call from them thats why i finally decided to pay a mobile tech. I have to go pickup my temporary tag. Im going to show them the invoice where it states that they didn't hook it up when they installed the ac. But i doubt they will reimburse me 🙄
                      Lawrence

Comment

Working...
                      X