2 issues furnace and water heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 issues furnace and water heater

Sorry if this has been addressed before but i cant find a topic with my specific problems. Im new to the forum and to rving. I bought a cpl of days ago an imagine 2970rl. Got it set up and at first the ac wouldn't work but since the had installed both ac's that day i found the main breakers off. That fixed the problem, the reason i mention it is because my furnace dosen't come on. No blower nothing and the water heater dosent work with electric or gas. Would they have also turned something off to install the air conditioners that im un aware of? Im hooked up to 50 amp power source at rv park with city water conection. I reallyd9nt want to take it back to the dealership. Thanks in advance,
    Lawrence Graff

Forgot to add that its a 2021

Comment

Do the lights work? If not, your battery switch may be off.

It is normal to turn breakers off in an RV when moving it. 120V items use breakers and 12V items use fuses, all in the breaker panel, except for a few motor driven 12V items that have breakers near the equipment.
      John & Kathy
      2014 Reflection 303RLS
      2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

I agree with the above. In the front pass thru , mot sure which side , there will be a red handle that is the battery disconnect. The handle needs to be pushed in and turned to the right so the handle is not able to be removed. This will mean the battery power is on to the coach. If the handle can be removed then there will be no battery power to certain items in the coach. Also check that the battery is full charged. Even connected to shore power you will need a full charged battery and the disconnect needs to be in the proper position , in and turned to the right.

The control boards on both the furnace and the water heater operate off of the battery power.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I checked the battery disconect and its in the correct position cycled it on and off for good measure. All lights work, i have propane going to the stove and fridge. Removed the inside panels to look and verify that the furnace swich is on. Cycled as well, fuse to the furnace isn't blown nor is the one on the outside compartment for the water heater. Looked at the outside shower knobs i dont have the quick connect hose but they are all the way in tight. The control panel inside the trailer indicates that the battery is charged but i might have to get a multi tester to verify

Comment

Originally posted by Lgraff06 View Post
            ... but i might have to get a multi tester to verify
            The only common denominator I can think of for the two issues is the 12v required by the control boards for the furnace and the water heater. That's why JK and Brian mentioned the battery disconnect.

Now that we know it's not the disconnect, verifying the actual voltage of the battery will be helpful.

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
            2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Welcome to the family and the forum!!
              I'm not sure which water heater that you have, but on some there is a hidden switch on the panel in the upper left hand corner on the outside. The switch and panel are both black and makes it hard to find if you are not looking for it.
              I'm not sure where to lead you on the furnace, but when you turn it on with the thermostat, does the blower start up? Do you hear clicking as if the igniter is working? Were either or both of these working during the PDI?

I see that this is your first post and unfortunately it was for a problem. When you have time, the moderators have put together a welcome letter to help newcomers navigate the forum and get the most from it. Here is the link to the letter. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

... the reason i mention it is because my furnace dosen't come on. No blower nothing and the water heater dosent work with electric or gas. Would they have also turned something off to install the air conditioners that im un aware of? Im hooked up to 50 amp power source at rv park with city water conection. I reallyd9nt want to take it back to the dealership. Thanks in advance,
                Lawrence Graff
                I am not sure what furnace you have, but my 2970RL has a Suburban model SFV35Q. It is equipped with a valve shut off switch on the furnace itself. if that switch is off, gas will not flow to the furnace and the furnace will not operate. (per the furnace owner's manual). I'm not sure if this is what you are experiencing, and I cannot tell you where to look for the switch because it's model specific, but my Suburban furnace owner's manual has a diagram that shows it for my furnace. I cannot comment on the water heater so I'll just wish you luck with that. I hope this helps.

Bob
                Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
                2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Comment

Thanks again for the replies yes its a suburban furnace i found the switch but it dosen't do anything no blower dosen't even click that i can hear. During the pdi it wasn't tested because they were still installing the second ac unit. Once they were finished it was almost 4pm and we started the walk through at 930am yes i know i should have tested everything but between the nervousness of thinking of hauling this beast lol at least to me and excited to get it. The water heater was working there we used hot water during the pdi but they had water in the fresh tank and using the pump i don't know why its not working now. I couldn't see a switch on the outside but ill check again today

Comment

Thanks again for the replies yes its a suburban furnace i found the switch but it dosen't do anything no blower dosen't even click that i can hear. During the pdi it wasn't tested because they were still installing the second ac unit. Once they were finished it was almost 4pm and we started the walk through at 930am yes i know i should have tested everything but between the nervousness of thinking of hauling this beast lol at least to me and excited to get it. The water heater was working there we used hot water during the pdi but they had water in the fresh tank and using the pump i don't know why its not working now. I couldn't see a switch on the outside but ill check again today
                    Might be time to give your dealer a call. If you're close enough maybe they'll send someone to you?

Did you get a chance to measure the battery voltage? Very odd that the furnace fan isn't even coming on--that's the first thing that happens when the thermostat calls for heat.

Forgive what may seem like an overly simplistic question: the thermostat is set to "Heat" and the setting is high enough to get the furnace to kick on, right? (I've made this mistake with the air conditioner...didn't have the temp set low enough, after two years of ownership! )

Howard
                    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

Yes i tried last night set it on heat at 80 it was in the 60's inside. Even took off the panel from the inside to see if i could hear the click but nothing. Battery is at 13.1 or .2 i think i might have to call a technician 🙄
                      Lawrence

Comment

Yes i tried last night set it on heat at 80 it was in the 60's inside. Even took off the panel from the inside to see if i could hear the click but nothing. Battery is at 13.1 or .2 i think i might have to call a technician 🙄
                        Lawrence
                        Bummer. Please update this thread with what they find.

Howard & Francine

Comment

Yes sir sure will i hope its not just some rookie dumb mistake on my part🤣 but I'll keep y'all posted.
                          Lawrence

Comment

In post #9 you note that there was hot water when operating off the fresh water tank. This would indicate that the dealer flushed the antifreeze from the lines and switched the water heater from bypass to fill. In post #1 you say your on city water, but don't say that you reset your valves for city water. Could your valves still be set for dry camping with the water pump off?

Another thing you don't mention is whether or not you've checked and made sure that you have the propane turned on. Seems silly, but we've forgotten to turn ours on a time or two.
                            John
                            2018 Momentum 395M
                            2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                            Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Might be time to give your dealer a call. If you're close enough maybe they'll send someone to you?

Did you get a chance to measure the battery voltage? Very odd that the furnace fan isn't even coming on--that's the first thing that happens when the thermostat calls for heat.

Forgive what may seem like an overly simplistic question: the thermostat is set to "Heat" and the setting is high enough to get the furnace to kick on, right? (I've made this mistake with the air conditioner...didn't have the temp set low enough, after two years of ownership! )

Howard
                              Exactly why my first two weekends with our new Class C, and our first night in the Solitude was in the campgrounds closest to our dealer, as was the shakedown night after our generator was installed.
                              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                              Nash County, NC
                              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
                              X