Type of Inverter in an Imagine 2970RL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Type of Inverter in an Imagine 2970RL

I was looking through the GD website but I don't see that it calls out how many watts the inverter is on board. Our Imagine it tucked away for the winter so I can't go look. Does anyone know how many Watts and Brand the inverter is on this unit? Maybe even where it is located?

Thanks!

Originally posted by AWE620 View Post
    I was looking through the GD website but I don't see that it calls out how many watts the inverter is on board. Our Imagine it tucked away for the winter so I can't go look. Does anyone know how many Watts and Brand the inverter is on this unit? Maybe even where it is located?

Thanks!
    The Imagine line does not have an OEM-supplied inverter. An inverter makes 120vAC from 12vDC battery power. What your Imagine does have is a converter. A converter does the opposite--changes 120vAC shore power to 12vDC for your trailer's 12v systems and also to charge the battery.

The converter in your 2970RL is the same one that came in my 315RLTS. The part is listed here: https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...ts/detail/2502

Howard

P.S. Noted that was your first post, so please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members when you get a chance.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

AWE620 Welcome to the family and the forum
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
      X