Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical wiring diagram/schematic for 2020 Momentum 376THS

Hello

Looking for and electrical diagram or schematic for our 2020 Momentum 376THS

Thanks Sherri & Kenton
    2020 Momentum 376THS
    2020 F450 4x4 CC
    Kenton & Sherri

Originally posted by skhohl View Post
    Hello

Looking for and electrical diagram or schematic for our 2020 Momentum 376THS

Thanks Sherri & Kenton
    Contact GD Customer Service with your VIN and they may supply you with a "plan". This will not be a full blown actual schematic.

If you are looking for something specific there are a few knowledgeable 376THS owner's here that may be able to assist you.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thank you

Looking for general info for future but currently looking for info on how the tow vehicle charges the batteries while the unit is in tow.

Sherri & Kenton
      2020 Momentum 376THS
      2020 F450 4x4 CC
      Kenton & Sherri

Comment

Originally posted by skhohl View Post
        Thank you

Looking for general info for future but currently looking for info on how the tow vehicle charges the batteries while the unit is in tow.

Sherri & Kenton
        First of all, welcome to the forum. If you haven't already (I suspect you have) check out the Welcome Letter to New Members using this link: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Brian is spot-on about the Electric Plan. You're certainly welcome to request it from GD Customer Service...but it is almost useless. To understand how your trailer is truly wired and what-powers-what, I recommend making your own map by turning off circuit breakers and figuring out what doesn't work. The same process applies to the 12v system, but it's a little harder to accomplish with the fuses in the Power Distribution Panel. The picture below is the map I made of my 315RLTS. The colors correspond to one of the 50A legs and the numbers the circuit breaker on that leg matching the "key" on the right side. (I hope that makes sense.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Outlets.JPG
Views:	1128
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	42307

For your other question, your Ford tow vehicle provides a low amperage "trickle" charge to the camper. My 2017 F-350 DRW provides a mere 9 amps through the 7 pin connector. (Yes, 9 amps. Pitiful.)

If you follow the 7-pin cable from the plug that connects to your truck to where it originates in your camper it probably terminates in a junction box full of wires. The charge line from the truck (your truck manual or any number of websites have pin diagrams for the 7-pin) is connected in that junction box and may (or may not) go through a 30A self-resetting breaker where it ties to your camper's battery. Some detective work will reveal exactly how your camper is wired--it's not hard to follow the wires.

Note that the wiring may be "live" if your battery is connected and/or shore power is applied! Please use caution with electrical items--even if you're sure of what you're doing.

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you, was actually reading these exact posts Will probably wire it through the upfitter switches on My F450 as well. Will require a little more investigation and work but will be worth it. Just in the initial planning stage for a battery and solar upgrade.

Thanks again
          2020 Momentum 376THS
          2020 F450 4x4 CC
          Kenton & Sherri

Comment

Working...
          X