Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50amp RV on 30amp post getting PE4 errors, why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    And I have no issue with that...except you said in the first post you don't completely understand electricity. Remember, even with the breaker off, there is still power in the box. Be careful.
    I have been bitten enough times to be really respectful of those wires. One of the reasons I am waiting for the ground to dry. Depending on the physical layout I may not try to tighten the connectors.

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    Unrelated: That paint job is amazing!

Related: I had this issue a couple years ago in a heat wave. EMS shut down and I began moving items to gas and watching the voltage like the crew of Apollo 13. Was able to salvage the trip since AC was essential. I believe the EMS saved my AC.

Jim
    Thankfully we have not needed A/C. We are doing our best to educate/communicate to the park manager why this is an issue for RV'ers.

2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
    2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
    E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
    Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Comment

d2reid You may also want to communicate the issues with having low voltage resulting in High AMP draw with creates heat, which could lead to a meltdown of the wiring and loss of the use to one or more sites. Not to mention the possibility of causing someone's unit to have issues that could lead to a fire hazard.

Simply checking the various branch points for corrosion and proper torque of the lugs may solve the issue. The wiring in the park probably has not been checked over in a decade or more other than breaker replacement. Even in side the post, the power feed lines to the bus bars should be checked. Look for AL wiring vs CU wiring. All AL wiring needs to be on a maintenance schedule where they check the lug torque. Friend from work had house burn down b/c the 240v drier plug caught fire from the AL wiring (note the drier plug is the same 50A plug used on campers).
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
      X