TPMS Power Issue on 2400BH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPMS Power Issue on 2400BH

Hello All! First post on the forum and a question.

I contacted Grand Design today and received instructions to correct the TPMS prepped dock with no power issue. The instructions state to wire the new ground for the TPMS to the ground on the water pump and the ground on the chassis. In the pictures Grand Design provided the water pump is sitting nicely in the convenient dock. However, on our 2021 2400BHS I believe the water pump is located under the stove on the other side of the camper. I plan to contact Grand Design tomorrow but what have others done? Thanks in advance!

Robert

Originally posted by 1x1 View Post
    Hello All! First post on the forum and a question.

I contacted Grand Design today and received instructions to correct the TPMS prepped dock with no power issue. The instructions state to wire the new ground for the TPMS to the ground on the water pump and the ground on the chassis. In the pictures Grand Design provided the water pump is sitting nicely in the convenient dock. However, on our 2021 2400BHS I believe the water pump is located under the stove on the other side of the camper. I plan to contact Grand Design tomorrow but what have others done? Thanks in advance!

Robert
    Hi Robert,
    I can't address your specific question but want to greet you and request when you get a chance that you check out the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

I'm going to move your post to it's own thread so hopefully other 2400B owners see it. Look for TPMS Power Issue on 2400BH (I'll post a link in this old thread in minute in case you can't find it.)

Howard (moderator)
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

1x1 Welcome to the family and the forum!
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

I wonder if the wording should be, connect to the ground on the chassis OR the ground on the water pump, versus AND. It would make sense to use the ground on the water pump when the pump is residing in the dock right near where I think the TPMS module is. Otherwise, it would likely be easier to fish a wire to the chassis.

In the case of the 2400bh you are correct the pump is under the stove, so it would make more sense to ground to the chassis (IMO). Let us know what Grand Design says, thanks!
        2019 Imagine 2400BH
        2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Working...
        X