Inverter Prep Reflection 303RLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inverter Prep Reflection 303RLS

I contacted Grand Design Customer Service and asked about the location of the Inverter Prep that is factory installed on the 303. They gave me three different locations that I could look and stated that it would be marked " Inverter Prep" with a tag. I located a cable loop in the nose on the right side (passenger side), of course it's not "tagged" so I was hoping that someone has a newer 303 and could help me identify this cable loop/ see attached pictures.
    I'm hesitant to start cutting cables on the wife's new 5th wheel.

Thanks,
    Bill and Shannon
    2022 Reflection 303RLS
    2021 F250, 6.7

From what GD has shared with the Moderator group that is the inverter prep wiring. The label may be missing or has slid down the conduit pipe.

Brian

Edit: Please make sure that you are not hooked to shore power , or any power, when working on any of the wiring in the RV.
    Last edited by Country Campers; 01-04-2022, 09:01 PM. Reason: Added information
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I have been pursuing an "Inverter Prep" wiring diagram to help understand what the 120v output feeds and how. (I am an electrical engineer....)

Response received yesterday: "This should work these are the instructions that my rep sent me, he said that there is no wiring diagram."
      Attached Files
      2022 Reflection 303RLS
      2019 Ram 2500, 6.4l Hemi w/ 4:10 rear

Comment

There is another post by CKorn that has good info: Solar Power for 12V fridge

2022 Reflection 303RLS
        2019 Ram 2500, 6.4l Hemi w/ 4:10 rear

Comment

Originally posted by On The Fly View Post
          I contacted Grand Design Customer Service and asked about the location of the Inverter Prep that is factory installed on the 303. They gave me three different locations that I could look and stated that it would be marked " Inverter Prep" with a tag. I located a cable loop in the nose on the right side (passenger side), of course it's not "tagged" so I was hoping that someone has a newer 303 and could help me identify this cable loop/ see attached pictures.

Thanks,
          Orange romex is normally 10 awg which is about correct for 50A service. .But is it 3 conductor with ground? That will be 4 wires total.Try and read what is on the cable sheath and let us know. Another way to check is to look at your distribution panel and see how it is wired in. You can also pull the false wall in your pass through to see if it is coming from the shore power plug and then looping back to the distribution panel to see how they ran it.

BTW What inverter are you considering? I would suggest looking into the Victron MultiPlus II that can feed both legs of the 50A service. Just food for thought. We all like to spend other folks money here

Keith
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda howson I was reading on the Victron website and saw an interesting setup using a 240V multiplus and a autotransformer to provide 2 legs of 120V.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by On The Fly View Post

Thanks,
              Pull off your breaker panel cover and you should see two breakers marked inverter with the same orange cable feeding them. They should be the only breakers with orange cable going to them.
              Tony
              2022 GD Reflection 337RLS
              2022 Ford F350 6.7 SRW LB

Comment

Originally posted by tdeperte View Post

Pull off your breaker panel cover and you should see two breakers marked inverter with the same orange cable feeding them. They should be the only breakers with orange cable going to them.
                I’m a bit confused at the moment. I have the orange cable running to two 30 amp breakers and the cable runs to the front pass thru where it is looped. Essentially a connection to both breakers and both breakers are switched on. I’m not wrapping my head around this and it’s adult beverage time so I guess I’ll figure it out tomorrow. I guess it means I can run two inverters or a victron multi plus, but why aren’t the breakers tripping?
                2022 GD Reflection 315RLTS
                2020 GMC HD2500 std bed w/ARE topper and slider deck.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick R View Post

I’m a bit confused at the moment. I have the orange cable running to two 30 amp breakers and the cable runs to the front pass thru where it is looped. Essentially a connection to both breakers and both breakers are switched on. I’m not wrapping my head around this and it’s adult beverage time so I guess I’ll figure it out tomorrow. I guess it means I can run two inverters or a victron multi plus, but why aren’t the breakers tripping?
                  Welcome to the club, Rick. Check my reply to klwagner52 (Ken) on this subject (and don't miss Ken's schematic in post 7). https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...3654#post73654
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you for clearing that up Sir! At supper tonight it dawned on me that a xfer switch would be needed, just wasn’t seeing it in my head. Would have been nice if grand design had added prep in and prep out to their labels. And to think, I used to be an industrial electrician in another life many many moons ago.
                    I see you are in NW Florida. My wife and I used to spend winters in the panhandle before hurricane Michael. Loved staying on St. George island and Port St. Joe.
                    2022 GD Reflection 315RLTS
                    2020 GMC HD2500 std bed w/ARE topper and slider deck.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick R View Post
                      Thank you for clearing that up Sir! At supper tonight it dawned on me that a xfer switch would be needed, just wasn’t seeing it in my head. Would have been nice if grand design had added prep in and prep out to their labels. And to think, I used to be an industrial electrician in another life many many moons ago.
                      I see you are in NW Florida. My wife and I used to spend winters in the panhandle before hurricane Michael. Loved staying on St. George island and Port St. Joe.
                      I'm further west, almost in Alabama. If you ever roll through again give me a shout -- we can compare our 315's.

Given your background, do you see any purpose for those 30A breakers? (See the full text with my question I posted on Ken's thread.)

My background is not engineering, it's as an avionics technician in the USAF and consider myself a (very) amateur shadetree electrician. I've also always been the one in the room that will raise their hand to ask the dumb question...so if I missed something in my response to Ken don't hesitate to point it out.
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Is the inverter prep available in all years of the 303 model or just the newer ones. I was thinking of having an inverter installed on my 2018 and stumbled on this post.
                        Vivian
                        2018 Reflection 303rls
                        Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
                        Demco Recon

Comment

Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post
                          Is the inverter prep available in all years of the 303 model or just the newer ones. I was thinking of having an inverter installed on my 2018 and stumbled on this post.
                          Not sure of the first VIN implementation, but for Reflection it was prototyped in approximately Jun '21. (In other words, you won't find it in your trailer, Vivian.)

Howard

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Not sure of the first VIN implementation, but for Reflection it was prototyped in approximately Jun '21. (In other words, you won't find it in your trailer, Vivian.)

Howard
                            Dagnabit, I was so excited to find a way to make things easier for the install. Thanks for checking Howard.
                            Vivian
                            2018 Reflection 303rls
                            Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
                            Demco Recon

Comment

January 11, 2022 - This is my first post on this forum so trying to figure this out. I have a 2022 Reflection 260 RD with the "Reflection 150-Series Solar Package". The date code on the outside sticker is 9/20/2021. I am upgrading some of the electrical but that will be for another post, however, I noticed that it has "inverter prep". As of today, the "customer service rep" said it wasn't built at the time the solar prep was added but it seems like it does from the pictures. I just sent the pics to customer service to let them know it does but they don't seem very helpful...no drawing, no documentation, frustrated so far.

More to come

Comment

Working...
                              X