Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this wire in front garage for generator hookup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulling the cover off I found 3 more set of connections with one with a 12v power supply to a relay (10ga red to the left of my finger) and the orange wire goes nowhere but says in is an AP relay kit... what is an AP relay kit? Any ideas?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bob R; 02-07-2022, 09:32 AM.
    Bob & Beka Richards
    31MB Reflection - 2020
    Anderson Hitch
    ​​​​​​​F250 w/Godzilla and 10k tow package - 2022

Comment

Originally posted by Bob R View Post

Pulling the cover off I found 3 more set of connections with one with a 12v power supply to a relay (10ga red to the left of my finger) and the orange wire goes nowhere but says in is an AP relay kit... what is an AP relay kit? Any ideas?
      The picture did not upload.

The 12 v wires might be for the solar prep if you have that. The AP wire, if it is a typical 10ga romex wire would be for inverter prep. Hopefully you can get the picture loaded.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Pictures added now
        Bob & Beka Richards
        31MB Reflection - 2020
        Anderson Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Bob R View Post

The orange wire (with the American Technology label) goes to a Wago connector which has a white wire which goes ?. Not sure what any of this powers--it will take some investigation on your part to figure this out (trace the wires or disconnect and see what doesn't work) or email Customer Service the pics and ask them what the wires power. Of course, be extra cautious when working with wires if you're not 100% confident working with electrical circuits. No point in doing damage to the camper or yourself...
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

If I recall we did receive a bulletin on the relay. If know one gets to it today I will look when I get home.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

The orange wire (with the American Technology label) goes to a Wago connector which has a white wire which goes ?. Not sure what any of this powers--it will take some investigation on your part to figure this out (trace the wires or disconnect and see what doesn't work) or email Customer Service the pics and ask them what the wires power. Of course, be extra cautious when working with wires if you're not 100% confident working with electrical circuits. No point in doing damage to the camper or yourself...
              I checked and all power at this location is 12v and via the relay it does have 12 volts… it says it is an AP relay kit, whatever that is
              Bob & Beka Richards
              31MB Reflection - 2020
              Anderson Hitch

Comment

Bob R

The "AP Relay Kit" is the relay for the holding tank heaters, this is the relay to the right of the mini breakers in your first picture.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Perfect, thank you Brian
                  Bob & Beka Richards
                  31MB Reflection - 2020
                  Anderson Hitch

Comment

Working...