50 amp receptacle where shore power connects not lit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 amp receptacle where shore power connects not lit

Hello all. Heading southwest for the winter in our 2019 310GK and when we stopped I noticed the blue light on the 50 amp receptacle where the shore power connects is not lit up as usual. We are hooked to a 50 amp outlet and the small blue lights on the other end of the electrical cord are lit up. We do have an EMS surge protector. We have power in unit running everything, microwave, outlets etc. (no inverter) Do the blue lights on the Furrion receptacle burn out or do I have a different issue I need to address? Thanks for your help.
    2019 Solitude 310 GK
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW

SD McCart

I do not have direct experience with blue lights on the Furrion receptacle (my RV does not have these) but I can tell you that the blue lights on the Furrion cord quit working a long time ago with no affect on the power supply. If your EMS surge protector says things are OK . . . I would not worry about the blue lights.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I am not sure if that blue light has ever worked on mine, I will have to look someday. I agree if all is working the light should not be an issue. I have heard of these not lasting , not worth replacing in my mind.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

My light also quit working at some point in time. I figured that it was just due to small wire size and repetitive flexing of the wire by opening and closing of the plug cover. My routine is to turn the breaker off at the pedestal and then disconnect the cord at the pedestal first before disconnecting from the trailer to eliminate/reduce the chance of a shock, so the blue light at the trailer letting me know that the cord is energized was not important enough for me to worry about repairing. If for some reason I wanted to disconnect from the trailer before I do from the pedestal then I would look into repairing the blue light to remind me to turn off the breaker before disconnecting.
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

The blue light quit on one of our earlier TT. Didn’t last but a year.
          2022 3100RD
          2019 F-150 V6 Twin Turbo 10 speed
          Over 55 years TT towing

Comment

Thank you all very much. It was a good three years while it lasted! Safe travels.
            2019 Solitude 310 GK
            2018 Ram 3500 DRW

Comment

Working...
            X