Solar, sure is worth it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar, sure is worth it.

My Solar panels are doing their thing, as planned.

To all those on the fence about going Solar, it sure is nice to have free energy.

Attached Files
    2022 GD Momentum 376THS
    2020 Ford F350 Dually

How much did the entire system cost to receive and store 71.5 amps of free electricity?

Glad it's working great for you!
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    2021 303RLS
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Now I am a Finance guy... it is about supply and demand as we all know in the COVID driven market... If you cannot get the fuel or the electricity, spending a little extra on solar might just be priceless

Peace of mind and having the feeling of being a little more in control of your destiny can be pretty valuable..
      Bob & Beka Richards
      31MB Reflection - 2020
      Anderson Hitch
      ​​​​​​​F250 w/Godzilla and 10k tow package - 2022

Comment

Originally posted by gone AWOL View Post
        My Solar panels are doing their thing, as planned.

To all those on the fence about going Solar, it sure is nice to have free energy.
        Absolutely, I agree! I have a small 300 watt system that I've used for 4 years now, and in my mind it was free! I figure every day I don't have to run the genny for a few hours I save $2 in gas, if I camp say 70 days a year the solar system has more than paid for it's self in gas savings. :-)
        Scott.n.Tira are from Vegas.
        2021 GD 2670MK
        2012 F250 LB 4wd 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
          How much did the entire system cost to receive and store 71.5 amps of free electricity?

Glad it's working great for you!
          Well, how much, that's a relative question.
          If I have to pay for full hookups, I'd be justifying it in no time, unlike a house where it will take 20 years to justify it.
          But, like Bob R states, peace of mind.... priceless.
          If my wife wants to run the dishwasher, she pushes the button, anytime anywhere. If my wife plans to do washing, fill the machine with laundry and push the button.
          I don't check on batteries anymore, not an issue because even if we run the AC at night, I know by noon the next day I'd be full again....and that is peace of mind.
          No doubt it's expensive, but so is a house and many choose to live in them....
          The only question is, how comfortable do you want to be?
          2022 GD Momentum 376THS
          2020 Ford F350 Dually

Comment

Working...
          X