2022 Reflection charge controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Reflection charge controller

Does anyone know what charge controller would be in the new Reflections? I know the solar controller is a Furrion but need to know if the line powered controller is lithium ready.

Good Morning Winebob. Welcome to Grand Design's technical forum. Your question is a little complicated to answer. The RV industry is faced with substantial supply shortages which cause frequent parts substitutions. Since you don't mention the model you're interested in, I looked up the current configuration for a 2022 Reflection 303 RLS. It shows that the unit is equipped with a Progressive Dynamics PD9260C converter with charge wizard. According to the Progressive Dynamics specifications, the PD9260C is designed for Lead Acid, AGM and Gel batteries. It is not designed for Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries. However, with that said, it will charge LiFePO4 batteries to about 90-95% or their rated capacity, but not as efficiently as a LiFePO4 dedicated converter.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks Jim, looking at a 226RBK.

I changed to LiFePO4 in my current camper and quickly found out that a standard charger just doesn't cut it and switched to a PD9130LV which worked great. I'd really hate to have to dig in to a brand new camper to make a similar change.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by winebob View Post
        Thanks Jim, looking at a 226RBK.

I changed to LiFePO4 in my current camper and quickly found out that a standard charger just doesn't cut it and switched to a PD9130LV which worked great. I'd really hate to have to dig in to a brand new camper to make a similar change.

Bob
        Bob.

I just looked up the converter on the 226 RK (I don't show an RBK). It is the same converter as the one I listed earlier. I changed the converter on my Reflection travel trailer to lithium version, and it only took me about 30 minutes. If your new RV is actually equipped with the PD9260C converter/charger, the replacement for it is a Progressive Dynamics PD9160ALV according to the PD website.

https://www.progressivedyn.com/lithi...lacement-units

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks for finding that Jim - if I end up pulling the trigger and need to change it I might message you for hints.
          Bob

Comment

Working...
          X